Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
KB-972
17,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nope just like the group & thought this would be good..

Are you ready hey are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat yeah
Another Kahne bites the dust!!! LOL

·
Mark Martin CraZy
676 Posts
As is the case with most anything you build, the finished product is only going to be as good as the foundation that you start with. If you've never stripped a car before, they don't just magically shed their skin, reveally pristine, bare cast metal like this. It takes some work to get them to this point. Always impressed to see a glistening donor with zero clues indicating that it was once something else. It makes such a difference from that point forward. Great start, @Mike KB-41.

·
KB-972
17,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It takes some work to get them to this point. Always impressed to see a glistening donor with zero clues indicating that it was once something else. It makes such a difference from that point forward. Great start, @Mike KB-41.
So true....

·
Mark Martin CraZy
676 Posts
Pretty good? Killer queen, actually, although this color combination has now put Little Red Corvette in my head. Thank you very much. Looks like a nice, clean mask line. Again, it's very easy to screw up an otherwise good paint job with this step. Bleeding under the tape, bad masking overspray, paint too thick causing a thick transition step. Looks like you've avoided each of those issues.. Can't wait to see more.

·
KB-972
17,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty good? Killer queen, actually, although this color combination has now put Little Red Corvette in my head. Thank you very much. Looks like a nice, clean mask line. Again, it's very easy to screw up an otherwise good paint job with this step. Bleeding under the tape, bad masking overspray, paint too thick causing a thick transition step. Looks like you've avoided each of those issues.. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks for the feedback. Like most things there are a flaw or two in the masking lines but knowing when to just call it good or try to fix it & potentially screw the whole thing up is key as you know..

First time I have ever tried doing this & i'm very happy with the way it came out, i'm doing the last little bit of painting now. It's proving to be somewhat more difficult that the whole car was. lol

Looking good Mike. Any hints?
Thanks Don.. Hints? No, no hints but I think you just might like it. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,758 Posts
Dang!! Kahne bites the dust 🤣 😱 Bye bye BUD 🤣 Look forward to seeing the finished product.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts