Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally tracked one of these down and probably paid too much, bit it's an awesome car.

My question is did that car come with an event pin when the pre-order was advertised, or did that go by the wayside when they cancelled everything but the Elite run?

·
Premium Member
10,710 Posts
Yes Mine came with an event pin. I couldn't remember so I looked in the box and there is one in there.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Thank you for checking on that, I appreciate it.

Dang, I knew I paid too much for it.

These cars are getting hard to find, though.

Here's one on ebay - not sure if it's the same one that shipped with the car:
2010 Coke Zero 400 at Daytona NASCAR Pin Kevin Harvick | eBay

I may have to get it just because.
That's not the same pin, that is the official event pin, not the winners pin from the diecast

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
What did you pay for the car? That's one of Kevin's harder to find cars.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm almost embarassed to say, but $325 shipped.

Besides missing the pin, the box has a lot of wear on it, too.

They say there's a sucker born every day, lol.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
If you bought it through Ebay, I would get a refund.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're absolutely correct, but I saw it as my fault for not asking enough questions and not being patient enough.

I'm hoping to eventually find another that's better, and I'll give this one to my brother.

Is it just me, or do die casts seem to be cheaper on ebay during NASCAR's off-season?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Let me check I may have an extra of that car in the storage building.

Scott

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,233 Posts
You're absolutely correct, but I saw it as my fault for not asking enough questions and not being patient enough.

I'm hoping to eventually find another that's better, and I'll give this one to my brother.

Is it just me, or do die casts seem to be cheaper on ebay during NASCAR's off-season?
It seems to be that way. I get a lot of good deals after race season.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I actually have an extra one after buying the door number. I am not sure what I would sell it for, but it would be less than the $325 you paid for the one you bought. I haven't really aggressively tried to move it, and I'm really not in a hurry to. The door number set me back a pretty penny, but I really would like to get an autographed one (they were sold exclusively through KHI) to complete my collection.

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
I actually have an extra one after buying the door number. I am not sure what I would sell it for, but it would be less than the $325 you paid for the one you bought. I haven't really aggressively tried to move it, and I'm really not in a hurry to. The door number set me back a pretty penny, but I really would like to get an autographed one (they were sold exclusively through KHI) to complete my collection.
Why is this car so hard to find anyway? Do you have a picture of it Karl? If it's the scheme that I'm thinking of I just don't understand why they're so hard to find.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
why is this car so hard to find anyway? Do you have a picture of it karl? If it's the scheme that i'm thinking of i just don't understand why they're so hard to find.

only made in elite ....only 300 pieces.......autographed version (if you want to call it that) was only a few throught khi ..i think 25..??.......but without it actually being documented as a autograped version ...to me it would not be worth anything more......just my opinion....

·
Premium Member
10,710 Posts
Why is this car so hard to find anyway? Do you have a picture of it Karl? If it's the scheme that I'm thinking of I just don't understand why they're so hard to find.
You can find a picture of it in my album under #29 race wins. It is the 4th from the left on the top row. And yes there were only 300 elites made. No other finishes were made of the car

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
only made in elite ....only 300 pieces.......autographed version (if you want to call it that) was only a few throught khi ..i think 25..??.......but without it actually being documented as a autograped version ...to me it would not be worth anything more......just my opinion....
Ah, okay. I understand why you would think that the value would be equal between the "autographed" version and normal version. How would you be able to tell the difference between someone buying it the day KHI sold them signed, and someone simply getting it signed by Kevin at the track?

·
Premium Member
10,710 Posts
The ones sold by KHI would have his COA with it. That would be the only way to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ah, okay. I understand why you would think that the value would be equal between the "autographed" version and normal version. How would you be able to tell the difference between someone buying it the day khi sold them signed, and someone simply getting it signed by kevin at the track?
thats exactly my point .......you would not be able to tell ......they did come with the generic khi coa.......but those are a dime a dozen.......if they had joe blow in the office put 1 of 25, 2 of 25 ect ON THE CERT ....they would have made that piece a hell of alot more collectible ...and it would have taken less then 5 mins ...oh well ....

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
The ones sold by KHI would have his COA with it. That would be the only way to tell the difference.
True, didn't think of that. I had always thought that there was another way to get Kevin's signature with the COA though? Like if you were to send it to his fan club or something? I'm probably wrong because I'm not a Harvick fan though, lol.

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
thats exactly my point .......you would not be able to tell ......they did come with the generic khi coa.......but those are a dime a dozen.......if they had joe blow in the office put 1 of 25, 2 of 25 ect ON THE CERT ....they would have made that piece a hell of alot more collectible ...and it would have taken less then 5 mins ...oh well ....
Exactly what I thought. Yeah, I can only imagine what those 25 cars would sell for if they were sold as "official" autographed pieces. Oh man, the normal Elite version sells in the high hundreds, a 1 of 25 autographed version of the car as well? Whew!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts