Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a car that described as being in "very good" condition with 3 days remaining on the bidding process. They list a production run of 10,000 units. The current bid stands at $300, is this a fair price range for this car?


http://auctions.nascar.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=87603790&prmenbr=63306014&aunbr=87950500


Site Description of the item up for bid:

Manufacturer: Action Performance Year Produced: 2004 Scale or Size: 1/24
Production Run: 10,000 Product Condition: Very Good Package Condition: Very Good



If you have been waiting for the Holy Grail of NASCAR collectibles, then your wait is over! There is not another NASCAR collectible that is more desireable or more valuable than this car here! You know the story about this car. Dale flipped it down the straightaway at the Daytona 500 in 1997 with about 6 laps to go. He got out of the car thinking his day was done when he realized his car was still running! He got back into the car and finshed the race! It was amazing! The car that you are now bidding on is the Action 1/24 scale Dale Earnhardt #3 GM Goodwrench 1997 Monte Carlo Crash Car. Action did a fantastic job of recapturing that moment by producing a very limited edition run of this car just as it looked when it finsihed the race! The car is unbelievably realistic looking. There is nothing else to say! Except that this could possibly be the most valuable and most sought after piece to ever hit the market. This is truly a rare chance. We have only auctioned off three of these cars before, and the last one was sold more than two years ago. If you want the chance to own this great, not to mention rare, piece of NASCAR history place your bids now in our NO RESERVE auction!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,897 Posts
Re: Question RE:Dale Earnhardt 1997 Crash Car on GoMotorBids.com (NASCAR Auction

RaceFan1962 said:
Here's a car that described as being in "very good" condition with 3 days remaining on the bidding process. They list a production run of 10,000 units. The current bid stands at $300, is this a fair price range for this car?


http://auctions.nascar.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=87603790&prmenbr=63306014&aunbr=87950500


Site Description of the item up for bid:

Manufacturer: Action Performance Year Produced: 2004 Scale or Size: 1/24
Production Run: 10,000 Product Condition: Very Good Package Condition: Very Good



If you have been waiting for the Holy Grail of NASCAR collectibles, then your wait is over! There is not another NASCAR collectible that is more desireable or more valuable than this car here! You know the story about this car. Dale flipped it down the straightaway at the Daytona 500 in 1997 with about 6 laps to go. He got out of the car thinking his day was done when he realized his car was still running! He got back into the car and finshed the race! It was amazing! The car that you are now bidding on is the Action 1/24 scale Dale Earnhardt #3 GM Goodwrench 1997 Monte Carlo Crash Car. Action did a fantastic job of recapturing that moment by producing a very limited edition run of this car just as it looked when it finsihed the race! The car is unbelievably realistic looking. There is nothing else to say! Except that this could possibly be the most valuable and most sought after piece to ever hit the market. This is truly a rare chance. We have only auctioned off three of these cars before, and the last one was sold more than two years ago. If you want the chance to own this great, not to mention rare, piece of NASCAR history place your bids now in our NO RESERVE auction!
Heres one with a little over an hour. http://cgi.ebay.com/1-24-SCALE-ORIG...ryZ19052QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
FYI: The original 1997 crash car was released in 1999. Not 2004, that would be one of the remakes of the car. Second as for the price. I've been watching and closely monitoring the original release for quite some time. A really good price for a near mint to mint car should be around $250.00 -$280.00, average price is $280-$325, anything higher than that is really on the high end of the bidding market. The dealers that have them on the shelf usually have price tags between $500-$800 which I don't understand because you can find one or two every week up for auction and those prices are about what they sell for. I'm not real sure what a 2004 would be but just guessing I would say a special finish paint. Those sell for quite less that the original. The elite version runs fairly cose to the original the others run a little less.
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
The re-release was an elite, and they made 10,000. They have been selling for around $250 or so on Ebay, and the original sold for around $700 prior to the release of the elite and then the price dropped to around $300 or so after that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
fishin4cars said:
FYI: The original 1997 crash car was released in 1999. Not 2004, that would be one of the remakes of the car. Second as for the price. I've been watching and closely monitoring the original release for quite some time. A really good price for a near mint to mint car should be around $250.00 -$280.00, average price is $280-$325, anything higher than that is really on the high end of the bidding market. The dealers that have them on the shelf usually have price tags between $500-$800 which I don't understand because you can find one or two every week up for auction and those prices are about what they sell for. I'm not real sure what a 2004 would be but just guessing I would say a special finish paint. Those sell for quite less that the original. The elite version runs fairly cose to the original the others run a little less.
Very Good Assement Fishin4Cars. The elites rerelease will run close to the originals!!! I wound up paying $250.00 for my original a long time ago!!
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
The funny thing about the Crash Car Elite, is it is THE EXACT SAME CAR inside an Elite box. The same tooling was used and everything. But it immediately went up in value and the original went DOWN. I myself don't care for the Elite's other than the fact that in the last few years they are more detailed. The regular cars are catching them in quality quickly, but MA/Action is smart enough to keep a few things off of the regular releases to keep us buying the Elites.
I like the regular cars better cause the Elite box is not good for anything other than storage protection and I like the artwork on the regular boxes. JMO. When they add the teathers to the regular eleases, the better details on the Elites will only be the really small things that you have to look very very hard to see. For my money, give me the regular release cars.
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
I got the original in a rather large (45+) car purchase I made on Ebay for about $3000 back in 2003 which got me a lot of really good cars. Back then, the crash car was selling for about $700. When the elites came out, I actually bought two of them, and I still have both. I see Ebay auctions where people quote the insane DCD values ("price just went up another $300 last month", "car is worth $1100") and then they take anywhere from $225-$300 for them. If they're really worth that much, you could sell them for that much. Get real!!

There is ONE difference between the regular release and the elites-- the elites are serialized.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
You are correct, I fogot about the serial number, but as far as the actual car goes, they are the same car. A nice car, but the same car.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,707 Posts
the thing about this car that hacks me off is that they only made the first one (which i have) for the retail public and not for club members and then when they do the remake for club members, they only make it in the elite. ass wipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
I guess if they made a club car, it would have been the same car seeing as the hood and trunk don't open on this one.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
If you are looking for a unique Crash car, check out TE Tommy's EBay auctions. That is the rare prototype guy. He has a 1/32 prototype Crash car. That is different than all of the others. Don't know if you are into 1/32. I used to collect them when there weren't that many, but then the Club started to offer em' and they re-made all of the ones I had and there went the collectibility, so I sold em'.
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
I have the 1/32 crash car from the museum series. That would be a nice car to have depending on how much it goes for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FFighter_21 said:
If you are looking for a unique Crash car, check out TE Tommy's EBay auctions. That is the rare prototype guy. He has a 1/32 prototype Crash car. That is different than all of the others. Don't know if you are into 1/32. I used to collect them when there weren't that many, but then the Club started to offer em' and they re-made all of the ones I had and there went the collectibility, so I sold em'.
kspool said:
I have the 1/32 crash car from the museum series. That would be a nice car to have depending on how much it goes for.

Thanks for the tip guys, I have considered looking more into the 1/32 scale cars. I'm fast running out of room in my den and the wife has made it pretty clear that the rest of the house is off limits...(LOL)
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
RaceFan1962 said:
Thanks for the tip guys, I have considered looking more into the 1/32 scale cars. I'm fast running out of room in my den and the wife has made it pretty clear that the rest of the house is off limits...(LOL)
Been there done that!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
If you are looking for a unique Crash car, check out TE Tommy's EBay auctions. That is the rare prototype guy. He has a 1/32 prototype Crash car. That is different than all of the others. Don't know if you are into 1/32. I used to collect them when there weren't that many, but then the Club started to offer em' and they re-made all of the ones I had and there went the collectibility, so I sold em'.
Hmmm, Guess I can take that off of the watch list now. Don't figure it will stay in my range now that everyone else knows about it. We'll maybe I'll continue to watch it, but if it goes for over $20 you won't have to worry about me grabbing it out from under you.
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
If you want it Larkin, it's all yours as far as I'm concerned.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top