Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chevy Fan For Life!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the following on the Sunday Hauler website's listing for Kyle's Bud Shootout Win:

IF THERE IS NO CONFETTI USED IN VICTORY LANE OR IF CONFETTI CANNOT BE SECURED, LIONEL NASCAR COLLECTABLES CONFETTI WILL BE USED.

It said a bag of confetti will come with all raced versions. Does this mean no confetti will be "tampo'd" onto the car, or will the car just come with a few pieces of life size confetti? Or will they cut the real confetti down to scale??

Thanks,
Sam

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Sounds ta me like they are going back to what they did w/the Earnhardt and Jr. raced wins a few years ago. Came w/a bag of confetti, and you could choose to use it or not when/if you displayed it...
If they are "raced" versions, IMO, there should be no confetti on them. If they are raced wins, then if confetti was shot in Victory Lane, then confetti was cool. IMO, a raced version, is how the car crossed the finish line, NOT how it looked in victory lane. Call it splitting hairs, but one is different than the other, again, IMO.

·
Banned
2,445 Posts
Sounds to me if the car didnt have confetti in VL, Lionel will give us a bag of it. If it did have confetti on it, then the car will be tampo'd is how im interpreting this.

·
Chevy Fan For Life!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't thought of that, that's a sound observation. What also intrigued me is it sounds like they're going to try for the actual confetti used at the race?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
i think the car will still always have tampo'd when its there but will just come with a bag of the real stuff like how smokes miami 2011 is coming

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Sounds like to me that Lionel is trying to secure confetti from the actual victory lane to include with the cars like they did for the Stewart Champ Elites. Thats the way I read it. "IF CONFETTI CANNOT BE SECURED". That sounds like they are trying to get real confetti.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts