Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have been covered, but I'm curious by nature so I ask tons of questions.

Now I know we have gotten some from last year but few got cancelled. I'm curious do most cancelled because of lack of preorders or teams don't want them?

I know one of the major ones that didn't come out was Kasey's RedBull race win, and it would have be hot seller. Yet we get all these stupid color variations of same car, and that makes sense why?

Then on other note, I know they can't make every different car during the year with some of the teams change weekly almost, but why can't they make limited runs of special schemes like the RedBull Shutter cars, or All-Star, Breast Cancer cars.

I know someone has more information on this for me, but just seems odd sometimes things they make and don't make anymore.

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
I remember the Redbull KK win being due to licencing, not too sure about the others, id assume its due to the same reasons though

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Yup, the Kasey Kahne got cancelled, sucks!!!

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I don't get the licensing issues. The car is probably already being submitted days after a win, and those companies know how things work. It seems like it's a win-win for everyone, even like RedBull leaving they could still have that little bit of cash come in from the licensing deal.

The probably with not meeting MQO is people like me never have the funds to pre-order and either have to pick it up when it comes out or at a later date.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Rebull Corporation owned the apparel trailers and all the diecast,shirts,hats,trinkets inside the trailer.

A friend of ours rides for Metal Mulisha.Instead of getting a salary he gets paid in apparel.Then it is his wife and his job is to sell the apparel,posters,bikes,etc at each event.

They have very very strict copyright on his likeness and just signed his first deal to have his likeness in Target etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.