Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel bad because I failed to publicly thank RaceFan1962 for his purchase of a mini-box of the 2007 Press Pass Legends Racing cards. I hope you enjoy the cards. Even though you didn't pull an AUTO of King Richard, there's always next time. Great dealing with you!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for the fast turnaround Dodger. I'm not sure how interested I'm going to be to put out the dough for purchases of race card hobby boxes this year. Don't get me wrong, the excitement of not knowing what gold there is to be discovered in that next box break is addictive. But, I've discovered that buying singles of drivers I really want at a fraction of the cost is ultimately more satisfying. For example, I won on eBay recently a Donruss Americana Bobby Allison autograph and race used firesuit patch card for $15. Man, how many boxes of Donruss would I have to purchase to ever pull that card?

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I ALWAYS advise my customers to shell out the money for a nice RC, GU, or AUTO of the player they like instead of spending all their cash on packs. You end up with no money and very few if any cards that you want to keep most of the time. Then you sell the cards you pulled and you are lucky to get 1/2 your money back. They could have spent that $40 on a solid RC and GU of their favorite player, but instead they paid for the thrill of opening packs and ended up with a white swatch of David Carr's jersey! Still, packs will always outsell singles. Most people just can't resist not knowing what lies underneath that silver foil wrapper. The gambler inside always says, "This might be the one". I've seen some people that are down right scary when it comes to busting packs. They are almost compulsive with no self control. Don't get me wrong packs are fine if you plan on keeping everything you pull, but if you are trying to land that big fish for some quick cash, you'll come up a loser almost every time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts