Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
id like to see it but i guess i will have to wait until it goes on DVD since the closest theatre thats gonna show it is about 8-10 hours away.

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
Darce we are going to the Movies!! HAHA!!!!!

with my grandpa of course.

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
DP36 said:
kharvick29fn said:

That didn't sound right. :rofl:
I kno I thought about that too when I typed it. But then I thought ill just wait for the first person to say something.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Oh boy. Another Dale Earnhardt movie... :rollseyes:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
selby92 said:
trev, you know you would go see it if it was about wimmer, nadea or kahne, lol

·
5,325 Posts
joker_20 said:
selby92 said:
Yeah, it would be something new. The have made like 2 or 3 movies of the guy already. I mean honestly, its sad he died and all, but that was almost 6 years ago.

·
Registered
724 Posts
selby92 said:
joker_20 said:
selby92 said:
Yeah, it would be something new. The have made like 2 or 3 movies of the guy already. I mean honestly, its sad he died and all, but that was almost 6 years ago.
I have to agree with him, its the same thing with all of those 9/11 movies, why do we have to have 20 diffrent movies on the same subject one will do nicely.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,651 Posts
KK3869 said:
selby92 said:
joker_20 said:
selby92 said:
I have to agree with him, its the same thing with all of those 9/11 movies, why do we have to have 20 diffrent movies on the same subject one will do nicely.
Because one might be better than the other. They have made hundreds and hundred of moives over the same thing and we still watch them....why? Why not.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I might have to check it out, hopefully it doesn't suck..that "3" movie wasn't that bad, but I really hope that it's a good movie, NASCAR hasn't had a good movie in a while

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
This is only the second Dale movie, and the first OFFICIAL LICENSED movie about his life. Why are they making it? Because he revolutionized the sport, and people will go in droves to see this movie. So get off your high horses and realize that Dale Earnhardt fans have been waiting a while for a legit documentary/movie about the mans life... and saying the whole "he died 6 years ago" is the most asinine thing Ive ever heard... just because JFK was killed tragically many many years ago, should we just forget about it? The 9/11 example is also completely ridiculous. Those movies are TOTAL RECREATIONS, and in the case of Flight 93, DRAMITIZATIONS of what was believed to of happened that day. Total garbage.. no one wants to see what a Hollywood director wants US the American public to believe happened on that plane. World Trade Center told a true story, but was still dripping with Hollywood sensationalism.... this is a movie about an American Icon.. someone who was loved across this country, whose life was as real as it gets... nothing sensationalized.. what you saw is what you got, I have a strong feeling this movie was put together wonderfully, and I cannot wait to see it.

·
5,325 Posts
8Bob29 said:
This is only the second Dale movie, and the first OFFICIAL LICENSED movie about his life. Why are they making it? Because he revolutionized the sport, and people will go in droves to see this movie. So get off your high horses and realize that Dale Earnhardt fans have been waiting a while for a legit documentary/movie about the mans life... and saying the whole "he died 6 years ago" is the most asinine thing Ive ever heard... just because JFK was killed tragically many many years ago, should we just forget about it? The 9/11 example is also completely ridiculous. Those movies are TOTAL RECREATIONS, and in the case of Flight 93, DRAMITIZATIONS of what was believed to of happened that day. Total garbage.. no one wants to see what a Hollywood director wants US the American public to believe happened on that plane. World Trade Center told a true story, but was still dripping with Hollywood sensationalism.... this is a movie about an American Icon.. someone who was loved across this country, whose life was as real as it gets... nothing sensationalized.. what you saw is what you got, I have a strong feeling this movie was put together wonderfully, and I cannot wait to see it.
Well the guy has been dead for 6 years. No matter how stupid you think it sounds its true and Earnhardt fans need to move on with their lives instead of worrying about some famous driver that they didn't personally know losing his. Dale Earnhardts death also wasn't anything similiar to 9/11 or JFKs death, when your country is attacked or the President is killed, thats different than when some guy that drove around in circles for a living is killed. Thats just how I look at it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went to see it in Tampa the week of the 500. I took my wife to see it. It is an AWESOME movie. If anybody can get a chance to see it, being an Earnhardt fan or not, do it. It is an uplifting movie about Dale's rise to become a true icon. I will also tell you that I have never been to a movie where I heard so many grown men crying (me included) at the end of the movie. Yes it has been 6 years but it still isn't any easier to think about his death. I still get teary and probably still will whenever I see the footage from that race. Check the website, they are coming to states that don't have races. The movie will be in OH during August around the time of the second MIS race. We are planning to go see it again.

·
5,325 Posts
selby92 said:
Well the guy has been dead for 6 years. No matter how stupid you think it sounds its true and Earnhardt fans need to move on with their lives instead of worrying about some famous driver that they didn't personally know losing his. Dale Earnhardts death also wasn't anything similiar to 9/11 or JFKs death, when your country is attacked or the President is killed, thats different than when some guy that drove around in circles for a living is killed. Thats just how I look at it.
Let me reword part of that statement. Some Earnhardt fans need to move on, some are decent and don't bring it up too often.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
kharvick29fn said:
DP36 said:
kharvick29fn said:

That didn't sound right. :rofl:
I kno I thought about that too when I typed it. But then I thought ill just wait for the first person to say something.
I'de go with you guys, but doubt it would be played in Milwaukee!!! If it is let me know and I will drive the 2 hours to see it!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts