Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah its not NASCAR, but its good news:

Racing returns to the Rock in 2008: Pack the motor home, throw a grill in the truck and head for North Carolina's Sand Hills Region, because with the arrival of 2008, auto racing returns to “The Rock” with the inaugural Carolina 500 ARCA race, Rockingham Speedway President Andy Hillenburg announced Friday. The ARCA race, which carries the name of the tough, 1-mile track's inaugural Grand National [Nextel Cup] event in 1965, is scheduled for May 4 at noon. Practice for the 312-lap race will be May 2 with qualifying set for May 3. “The Carolina 500 is going to be a cornerstone event for the ARCA schedule,” said Hillenburg, the 1995 ARCA champion who became the speedway's new owner on Oct. 31. “It's going to be the longest race in the series and carry the richest purse. It also will have the largest field with 50 cars.” The May 4 Carolina 500 will be the second-ever ARCA race at the Richmond County track. ARCA's only other race at the speedway occurred in 1973 and was won by Charlie Glotzbach. Fans may begin requesting ticket information on Wednesday, Nov. 7, by calling (910) 205-8800 or by going to the speedway's Web site, www.rockinghamracewaypark.com.(PR)(11-2-2007)

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
i was a childhood friend of speedway president. my dad and his dad played music together. we would go over to their house everyonce in awhile. i haven't seen him since i was around like 7 or 8 though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts