1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Jim Thomas
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
03/03/2007

The Rams added some size and production to their wide receiver core when free agent Drew Bennett of Tennessee agreed to terms on a six year contract, Saturday morning.

Contract terms weren't immediately available.

Bennett at 6 feet 5 inches, 206 pounds had forty-six catches for 737 yards last season.

Rams coach Scott Linehan said, the addition of Bennett gives the Rams a potent trio of wide receivers with a Bennett joining Pro Bowlers Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce.

Linehan said, "We feel great about it he gets down field, and he has sneaky speed for a tall guy."

With Kevin Curtis visiting Minnesota this weekend Linehan felt the Rams had to move quickly on Bennett or be caught shorthanded at receiver.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only thing Curtis had was speed, his hands were ok but I will take Bennett over him.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My team will gladly take him, with Holt and Bruce already there, not a bad trio if you ask me. He was actually one of the very few Titans I did like.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Of course this topic is over 2 years old and one of the dumbest moves the Rams ever made. Drew Bennett sucks.
LOL I Knew that i was seeing if any of you Rams fans Where Paying attention I dont think its all drew Bennetts Fault Bulger cant stay healthy and iys a shame cuz Marc is not to bad.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL I Knew that i was seeing if any of you Rams fans Where Paying attention I dont think its all drew Bennetts Fault Bulger cant stay healthy and iys a shame cuz Marc is not to bad.
Man I was hoping you noticed it was that old. I think Bennett made 1 play last year and fell on his own foot and broke it. The year before he couldn't catch a cold. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Bulger's problem has been the swiss cheese OLine. He is a good QB and has put up good numbers but with his OLine Peyton Manning would look horrible. I am glad they signed Jason Brown, C from Baltimore and they are moving Alex Barron to LT with the Pace releasing. I like our new coaching staff and they are making some big changes. Can't wait til September.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Or the fact that the second Bennett ran off of the sideline, he broke every bone in his body. The guy had one good year, and has sucked ever since. hell catch on somewhere, but hell never get any more than 40 catches in a season again.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Geebs maybe we can get a KC/STL Superbowl someday....and maybe a KC/STL World Series again....I know I am dreaming but it would be fun rooting for both my "home" teams!
Well as far as that goes I would love to see it too but I think the Cards are the closest to a winning team as any of the 4.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts