Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one here who can't stand Kyle Larson?

·
DCZ's Sliced Bread
2,439 Posts
Doubtful, but I'd like to know why.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Murph48

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubtful, but I'd like to know why.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
He's just full of himself. Also
2012- wrecks Ty dillon while he has the point lead
2013-gets full time nns ride
2014- gets full time cup ride without even winning nns championship

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Someone's a bit bitter over it, drivers make mistakes....he isn't the first either. He flat out drove away from field at Rockingham, out raced two top drivers for his first win and put up some great drives including his win a Charlotte. The kid has every right to be full of himself, he has pretty much went straight from sprints to a cup car in 4 years and doing as well or better than some big names.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,087 Posts
2012- wrecks Ty dillon while he has the point lead- OK TOTAL DICK MOVE...BUT ONE GUY EARNED LEGENDARY STATUS FOR 'RATTLING CAGES' OR SO HIS EXCUSE ALWAYS CAME TO BE...WASN'T THE FIRST, WON'T BE THE LAST, FIGHT OR DIE IN THE SPORT.
2013-gets full time nns ride-THERE ARE FARRRRRR LESS TALENTED WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN RIDES. SPONSORS HAVE A HUGE SAY, TALENT IS AN OPINION. THE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR OPINION WAS, KYLE IS THERE GUY.
2014- gets full time cup ride without even winning nns championship- SEE 2013 ANSWER FOR SAME RESULT...

I do understand your perspective however because personally, I dislike fanboys and those who root for a driver/entity because it's the popular thing to do and to follow the herd. I dislike comments suggesting one driver 'deserves' something they don't have...but it's not ok if someone else is 'given' something...because it's not their guy...EVERY driver in a ride, has earned it somehow. They are all scouted from the time they race carts to whatever...they may not be THE BEST but they fit the profile sponsors or owners, or both...want.
I personally think, and have observed the driving talent Larson has. Is he the nicest kid I've ever met? NOPE...I'd say Allgaier is one of the nicest and most sincere kids in the garage, and his win totals unfortunately reflect that...Mark Martin too...guy was too nice, class act, but gave away championships because he'd rather win with class than use a chrome horn to get it done. Unfortunately winning at the top level requires pissing people off now and again...to do that as your only form of talent...that won't last long, but most drivers get over having been pushed out of the way, they get even, and move on...it happens. Sorry Larson isn't in your list of favorites, I'm pretty sure he still sleeps at night all the same.

·
Banned
2,354 Posts
I was a little bitter at first about him taking over Juan's ride, but I got over that. I can accept the fact that he is better in a stock car than Juan, and the results back that up. He has the potential to be an all time great, he deserves to be arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,079 Posts
The Homestead race was the first reason on the list? From what I remember, Ty was blocking Larson and Larson had nowhere to go. He was already committed to the pass before Ty pulled a stupid block. I'd put more blame on Ty and not Larson.

Now, the Daytona short track race last year... Yeah, there's no excuse for that one.

But, honestly, what's not to like? The kid is extremely talented, he has an amazing attitude and is just a really nice kid. So he's gotten his way to Cup fast and hasn't spent the usual time in lower ranks. So what? He obviously has the talent and skill to be in Cup, so he's earned his place. Given the right team, he can be a multiple champion.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Winning an NNS title is hardly a qualifier for cup. Remember that only 2 drivers have ever won both a Nationwide title and a Cup title. Truex won 2 Nationwide titles before going to cup while title rival in 2004 Kyle Busch made the move to cup in 2005 without a title and has had much more success than Truex. Gordon, Stewart, Johnson, Edwards, Kenseth, Hamlin... the list goes on... all got full time cup rides without a Nationwide title. So I reiterate... winning an NNS title is not an indication of a good cup driver.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can't stand him either! I thought I was the only one! He didn't do crap last year is NNS. So many other guys like Hornish, Sadler, or Regan should have moved up.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't stand him either! I thought I was the only one! He didn't do crap last year is NNS. So many other guys like Hornish, Sadler, or Regan should have moved up.
We're friends now

·
Registered
162 Posts
Austin Dillon fan here, so I am definitely not rooting for him. But, he is really performing at the Cup level!!. I think they are one of the cars that have a speed advantage nearly every week at this point ( so time will tell just how good he is) , but if he can continue this pace he may be the one to give Johnson a run for Championship totals.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
They have all had chances and didn't do much. Yes, you can go into ride quality if you want but it doesn't matter.

As for not doing crap in NNS...did JJ...did Danica....and I could go on. Yet they are in cup.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
The Homestead race was the first reason on the list? From what I remember, Ty was blocking Larson and Larson had nowhere to go. He was already committed to the pass before Ty pulled a stupid block. I'd put more blame on Ty and not Larson.

Now, the Daytona short track race last year... Yeah, there's no excuse for that one.

But, honestly, what's not to like? The kid is extremely talented, he has an amazing attitude and is just a really nice kid. So he's gotten his way to Cup fast and hasn't spent the usual time in lower ranks. So what? He obviously has the talent and skill to be in Cup, so he's earned his place. Given the right team, he can be a multiple champion.
add he does have a K&n east series champship in 2012 i rember i meet the larson the saturday at langley before he made his first Truck series start didnt know who he was intill he made his 1st truck series start

·
Premium Member
24,079 Posts
add he does have a K&n east series champship in 2012 i rember i meet the larson the saturday at langley before he made his first Truck series start didnt know who he was intill he made his 1st truck series start
I've met him a couple times. He's a nice kid, maybe a little shy.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts