Votes: 3 4.6%

Votes: 7 10.8%

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
pretty good until they got the track fixed and the race restarted. congrats to matt, but it should've been dave blaney.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Blah race. The lack of passing was embarasing. I am glad they restarted it though. No cheap "I didn't pit" wins.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gave it a 2. Juan's blow up was the only reason it didn't get a one. What a terrible race to start the season. All that build up... for that.

I actually turned it off right after they put a camera on Danica out of the car after the race. Really? You're going to interview a driver who's 60 laps down before you talk to the other guys who finished in the top five? I didn't stay to see if they actually talked to her. I just turned it off.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
I rated it a 7, started to give it a 6. I thought the racing wasn't the worst we've seen at Daytona, but we've seen better. Only 27 lead changes among 13 leaders, for Daytona is bad. Racing was decent back in the pack, but the outside line just couldn't pull up.

Glad Juan and the jet dryer driver seem to be fine. Explosive.

·
HARD TO SEE PAST SMOKE
4,449 Posts
the racing was blah. No outside lane development and very few lead changes. Hate to say that I feel I wasted time watching it, I enjoyed it, but I agree with some others on here about the hype and buildup. Oh well, always next year.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I was very disappointed that the outside line didn't work, or that a lot of guys rode around in back, but that's what pack racing is. The early wreck took out some interesting story lines, and love her or hate her (everyone says that about Kyle Busch), Danica is a story. She wasn't the cause of the crash, Elliott Sadler, who supposedly has a whole lot more experience, but obviously a whole lot less talent, was.

I was surprised that Kyle Busch wasn't a factor, and I was disappointed that Kurt Busch didn't get a chance to show anything in his new ride (again, thanks Sadler).

I would, however, like to see the following raced versions made...

Juan Pablo & Jet Dryer
Danica Debut w/ battle damage (Hey, they did it for Stenhouse!)
Dale Jr. Almost Raced Win
Kyle Busch I didn't have to save it and didn't win
Dave Blaney I would've won if they couldn't have fixed the track
Carl Edwards I won the pole but still haven't led a lap in the Daytona 500
Jimmie Johnson I'm going into next week with negative points (shades of Michael Waltrip!)

And finally, the Elliott Sadler I'm going back to Nationwide and staying there raced version!

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
It was average. I didnt like the long delays like everyone else. A lot of hype and no delivery. Im ready to move on to another race actually.

·
Premium Member
10,505 Posts
The worst 500 I have ever seen. Turned out to be the 42 hour 500. I love under the lights racing but it was boring as heck for me. Lots of good cars taken out in crashes or Gordon blowing up made it hard to watch. I'm sure the Jr. Nation is happy this morning solid 2nd for Jr. last night. Congrats to Matt K. for winning his 2nd 500. I have to say the #16 was one heck of a wing man :yes:

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I gave it an 8 for the simple fact that Jr made the last laps exciting for me! We had the dvr going and didn't start watching it until it was already 2 hours in but ended up catching up when they red flagged it for the fire. We were lucky and didn't have to wait out 2 hours of red flag so that helped make it better for us. My son loved the race and loved the fact that I let him stay up until 10pm our time. Luckily he had no problems waking up for school this morning. =)

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Id like to give it negitive points. and Sadler should not be allowed in a cup event ever again. The fire was neat to see though.

·
Registered
580 Posts
3. I think I would've enjoyed it more if the 24 was around, but once he was out it was BORING. After the Bud Shootout, you expect to see something EVEN BETTER than that!

I will say poor Elliott Sadler. Getting fireballs thrown at him.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
I am disappointed. Not enough passing for pack racing. I would rather see tandom racing than this. I just hate to see all the wrecks take out good cars because somebody gets loose and crosses the front of their car. I bet everybody tries to get to the front in the next daytona race. If you weren't in the top 3 you were just riding around.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
5 most of the race was pretty good but the finish wasn't close enough. I don't believe in biffle LETTING kenseth win teammate or not and the upper lane just wouldn't move.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts