Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my last post was the RCCA (Racing Collectibles Club of America) set of 1963 Ford Galaxie Fastbacks released starting in 1991, it makes sense for the next set to be the RCCA 1963 Chevy Impalas. While the '63 Ford Fastbacks were the first NASCAR set released by RCCA, I think, this would have been the 5th or 6th set I think. So we're not really going in order of release here, nor from oldest to newest model years for the cars. But we'll at least finish out the 1963 cars.

Font Rectangle Automotive exterior Recreation Symbol

These seven cars were released in a single release in 1992 in the Collector Series boxes. These cars are interesting, but as a set, this seems like one of the least interesting releases out of all the historical series RCCA produced. It's basically 2 white cars, 2 white and gold cars, and 3 black and gold cars, and the 3 black and gold cars are all the same car.

Product Rectangle Font Material property Pattern

Once again, I like the history recorded by these cars, and so here are some pictures of the cars out of the box so you can read each of the inserts that came with the cars.

Rectangle Font Gas Motor vehicle Metal

I still don't understand how typos make it out in some of these cars. All that work to figure out manufacturing and distribution and retail, and no one along the way noticed that Lee Roy Yarbrough's last name was misspelled on the card twice! It's even spelled correctly on the roof of the car, right next to the card.

Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior

My favorite car in the set is probably the Rex White car, because this is the car that James Hylton would go on to honor with a throwback livery on his #48 '69 Mercury Cyclone.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire

Even though they produced the Smoky Yunick's black and gold #13 with 3 different drivers in the set, at least they didn't reuse the same contingency sticker tampos, which is nice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool Chevy set, Pontiac next ??
Spoiler alert! Actually wait no, those didn't come until like 10 years later.
Great looking old school Impalas !!!!
Very cool cars
Very very nice adds , love those impala,congrats on this sweet haul
Those sets are really cool..
Thanks, everyone! Nice to get these out and share them. This had reminded me how much I like these cars. Starting to think about how I want to display them now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts