Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next up is the Racing Collectables Cub of America release of the 1963 Ford Galaxie Fastback series. These were released in 1991 in two series, the Legend Series in the white boxes and then the Collector Series in the black boxes. The Legend Series had a cool acrylic display case.
Food Rectangle Machine Publication Font

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Rectangle Font

One of the reasons I like collecting these is for the historical significance, so I really like when the packaging includes information about the drivers or cars. I took some pictures with all the cars out of the boxes so that you can read the whole inserts provided with each car.
Textile Font Rectangle Pattern Electric blue
Rectangle Textile Sleeve Font Red
Publication Font Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Linens
Blue Sleeve Font Rectangle Automotive lighting

There are a few special releases too. The #06 Larry Frank car is the same between the white Legend Series box and the 30 Year Anniversary Super Speedway Series blister pack for the 1992 Darlington Southern 500. The blister pack for the Larry Frank car has really thick cardboard, thicker than probably any other car I've seen. The #92 7th Annual Circle Track Tradeshow car is also the same between the Legend Series box and blister pack. They each say 1 of 15,000 but I have no idea if that's 15,000 for each package or total.
Rectangle Font Poster Publication Advertising

Another special release is the #21 Tiny Lund variation with the white roof numbers, which was a club special release and a little harder to find than the others.
Publication Font Automotive exterior Rectangle Pattern

And finally the #1 American Racing Classics car which was released as part of a promo for the quarterly periodical series of books sponsored by RCCA that had biographies and pictures of the old cars and drivers. I think they ran from 1992 to 1994, but at some point switched from quarterly to annually.
Photograph Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Art

As much as I like these cars, especially since they were great quality for 1991 when they were released, I wish they would have released more drivers and cars from the day. With basically 29 different cars released, not counting the promos, only 21 of those are unique and 8 were just re-releases. And of the 21, several of those were just variations. Even the unique cars had a handful of drivers repeated across different cars, with Tiny Lund, Curtis Turner, Dan Gurney, Ralph Earnhardt, and Fireball Roberts each having more than one car in the series. It really seems like RCCA only got a few licenses and then tried to make the most of them. Oh well, I still really like these and think they did a good job with them. This series wins in my book for most interesting NASCAR diecasts from 1991 for any of the diecast companies at the time.

·
just old school
6,530 Posts
Next up is the Racing Collectables Cub of America release of the 1963 Ford Galaxie Fastback series. These were released in 1991 in two series, the Legend Series in the white boxes and then the Collector Series in the black boxes. The Legend Series had a cool acrylic display case.
View attachment 735476
View attachment 735475
One of the reasons I like collecting these is for the historical significance, so I really like when the packaging includes information about the drivers or cars. I took some pictures with all the cars out of the boxes so that you can read the whole inserts provided with each car.
View attachment 735479 View attachment 735480 View attachment 735477 View attachment 735478
There are a few special releases too. The #06 Larry Frank car is the same between the white Legend Series box and the 30 Year Anniversary Super Speedway Series blister pack for the 1992 Darlington Southern 500. The blister pack for the Larry Frank car has really thick cardboard, thicker than probably any other car I've seen. The #92 7th Annual Circle Track Tradeshow car is also the same between the Legend Series box and blister pack. They each say 1 of 15,000 but I have no idea if that's 15,000 for each package or total.
View attachment 735483
Another special release is the #21 Tiny Lund variation with the white roof numbers, which was a club special release and a little harder to find than the others.
View attachment 735481
And finally the #1 American Racing Classics car which was released as part of a promo for the quarterly periodical series of books sponsored by RCCA that had biographies and pictures of the old cars and drivers. I think they ran from 1992 to 1994, but at some point switched from quarterly to annually.
View attachment 735482
As much as I like these cars, especially since they were great quality for 1991 when they were released, I wish they would have released more drivers and cars from the day. With basically 29 different cars released, not counting the promos, only 21 of those are unique and 8 were just re-releases. And of the 21, several of those were just variations. Even the unique cars had a handful of drivers repeated across different cars, with Tiny Lund, Curtis Turner, Dan Gurney, Ralph Earnhardt, and Fireball Roberts each having more than one car in the series. It really seems like RCCA only got a few licenses and then tried to make the most of them. Oh well, I still really like these and think they did a good job with them. This series wins in my book for most interesting NASCAR diecasts from 1991 for any of the diecast companies at the time.
I have alot of these, posted in my media,
always liked this series of early rcca box cars
A very nice display case you have there

·
Premium Member
11,180 Posts
Fantastic!!! Love to see and read about all those old school Littles. Thank you for sharing 😉👍🏻 very cool 😎
Smile Gesture Headgear Sports Championship

1 - 13 of 13 Posts