Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Amercian Heroes set from RCCA in the mail today. Big box, I was not overly thrilled about ordering it, but it seemed like it would be a decent set with some decent cars in it, including the race winner's car, so why not.

Open the box, to get to the box inside, open it ... it is no set, it is the individual RCCA Elites in their normal packages just sitting next to each other. The "set" is nothing more than the regular cars mailed out together.

How stupid. Got my RMA, but it will still cost me to mail it back. Idiots. :mad:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The big question is... was the race winner's car in there?

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9 car set, I did not open the boxes individually. How many cars ran? I can go look if anyone really cares.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
9 cars... hmmmmm

Jr. Camo,
Gordon DOD,
JJ USO,
Martin Army,
Hamlin Marine Corps,
Biffle Coast Guard,
Ward Burton Air Force,
Jon Wood (?) #21 Air Force,
Shane Huffman Navy--

Nope, no Casey Mears-- everyone but the race winner. Go figure!! I just looked it up on RCCA's web site.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thats dumb, they should at least put a flag on the boxes or something. I have a felling you wanted to say more than silly...

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I ordered the American Heros Set, not a 9 car set ... they just decided to send me a pack of 9 individual cars and call it a set.

Two things wrong with that as I see it.
1st - there were 10 cars in the Amercian Heros Promotion.
2. A set is one unit, held together, if not by physical substance, by common nature, design or function.

Even if I were to consider this a set, based on simillarities, at best it is an incomplete set, very incomplete since arguably the most important piece of the set ... THE RACE WINNER is not present!
But I do not consider them a set because they are all similar, if that were the only requirement for a set then every car I have is part of that set.

A set, (to me) advertised as a unit, sold as a unit, shipped as a unit, should have some device (a display if you will) meant to house the pieces as a set.

I buy a nice chess set, there better be something there to hold the pieces together, even if it is just the board, but I am going to be a little mad if they send me a bunch of pieces in an envelope and the KING is not even one of them! :))

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
great point Blacker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts