Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I received my first two Owner Elites (1/24) from RCCA and to say the least, I wasn't impressed with what I received. The first one I opened was the Denny Hamlin Rookie of the Year. The car looked good enough until I turned it over and discovered that the drive shaft was not connected to the car. I tried to reconnect it myself, but I didn't want to break it, and after a few tries, I gave it up and decided that I was better off returning it and having RCCA replace it.

The second car was in better condition. It was the Harvick Coast Guard Busch Champion Liquid Color car and it was very nice. (For $149, it better be!!)

But here's the best part. The quantity produced of the Harvick car was 521, and the Hamlin was was 1011. However, RCCA has now enclosed COA's in their Owner Elite's. In the Hamlin Car, the COA states that the 2006 cars are limited to 2006 produced and mine was #x of 2006 (produced) but the label on the box stated mine was 1 of 1011, and the COA in the Harvick car stated that the 2007 cars were limited to 2007 and that mine was #x of 2007 (produced) but the label on the box said 1 of 521. (The numbers on the boxes matched what the RCCA site said.)

When I called about the Hamlin car, I also asked about the ones I have been seeing on Ebay with a piece of tire, and the lady told me that they actually offered two different Hamlin ROY pieces. I asked if any of the ones with the tire were still available, but of course, they were all sold out. I got a call back a couple of minutes later, and they actually had two left in stock, so I am now getting the car WITH the tire piece to replace the defective one I am sending back.

One additional note-- the RCCA rep told me that they will refund me the price of shipping for the car once they receive it. I asked her if they will refund the cost of insurance as well (because I will insure the car in case it gets lost so I am not out the price of it in case it doesn't make it) and she told me she wasn't sure. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that I don't have #1 of either car-- my point is that the COA's say that 2006 of the Harvick cars were produced when in fact only 521 were, and that 2007 of the Hamlin cars were produced when in fact only 1011 actually were. The total number of cars produced don't match from the COA to the box (and advertised # of the RCCA web site.)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Kspool, the 521 of Harvicks and the 1011 of Hamlins are most likely the # of autographed COA cars produced out of the 2007. That is the same way my KHI coa cars came in last year. The rest don't come with COA certificates. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
fishin4cars said:
Kspool, the 521 of Harvicks and the 1011 of Hamlins are most likely the # of autographed COA cars produced out of the 2007. That is the same way my KHI coa cars came in last year. The rest don't come with COA certificates. Hope this helps
That has nothing to do with it. KHI make their own certificates, it has nothing to do w/ MA.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
This may help, the labels were printed ahead as they said they were only making a max of 2007. Then after they get the orders and know how many they are making, the COA says 1 of however many were actually made. Make any sense? I noticed the difference when they stated they were making no more than 2007, so I assumed that they were making 2007. Then when they made less, I figured that that was the max they would make, but they could always make less. Hope that kinda answers what you are asking. That is how I understand it anyway. If you find out any different, LMK.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Well here is another kink in the owners elite. There are the RCCA versions which of the Harvick there were 521 produced. Then there is the trackside version (which I got at Bristol from the M/A trailer) and there are only 100 of those being produced. So my question now is is there another release that has the other 1386 that are unaccounted for. Mine also has 1 of 2007 produced on the end of the box but my certificate says #29 of 100.
Also does the RCCA version have the opening trunk? The trackside versions trunk does not open but the hood and roof flaps do. As for the owners elite signed version I have been told but can not verify this info that the owners elites that come from KHI are part of the 2007 released but they do not count for the trackside or RCCA versions. I was told this by another collector at Harvick fan club site so I don't know how reliable this info is.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That is the difference between the RCCA Elite and the Trackside Elite. No trunk open on the Trackside Elite. I really don't understand that. At first I thought that it was just a way to use up the leftover RCCA Club Car bodies and the bodies they use for the Platinum Series Banks, but they had to make a new mold for the Toyotas so that doesn't make any sense. Another boneheaded Action/MA move. As far as the numbers for the KHI cars....ya got me. I still think they made the stickers saying total production 2007 so they would be covered. Then they make the COA's say the actual production, but they make so many variants they probably don't know what they have. LOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts