Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's all the hate for Juan Montoya for? Clearly something broke in his car that caused him to spin out and hit the jet dryer. I've seen some ridiculous said about him. "Juan Montoya is an idiot", "JPM can't drive a car", "We knew Montoya would wreck", "Apparantly Juan didn't know these trucks were filled with jet fuel". Really? C'mon guys. Juan is one of the most talented drivers out there. There's no way he would just lose control like that. Also, if people paid attention to the race, you would notice that Jamie McMurray (Juan's teammate) had the same problem, just not as bad. Proof is at the beginning of this video.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cZjAyQSxE]Big Nascar wreck at the 2012 Daytona 500 Raw video Tony Stewart Juan Pablo Montoya Matt Kenseth - YouTube[/ame]

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big JPM fan, but I totally respect his driving ability at the same time. I feel the same way about the Busch brothers. It all boils down to attitude to me.

However, to get back on subject to say that he did that because he can't drive, etc is dumb

·
Monster
3,584 Posts
I should rephrase my statement. 90% of NASCAR fans are nationalistic boneheads who don't want to see anything from outside the country in "their" sport. Yet they'd be the first to stand on their feet and cheer when an American does well in a European sport.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
I'm not a JPM fan and he has made some dumb moves on the track in the past...but anyone that thinks this was more than an accident needs to get their head checked out. No one wants to have their car hit a fuel tank head on with someone who has less safety equipment on is put in danger.

·
JG's biggest fan in PA
1,816 Posts
I love Juan. One of the nicest drivers I've met

Well your a lucky one then, most disrespectful person I met, I hope he wrecks every race, and I bet most would agree. I have nothing against his race because im dark myself(italian), but he's just disrespectful and a bunch of other words that shouldn't be said.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I think there's a lot of the same attitude about Danica Patrick and the attention she's getting. "Oh my God, there's a woman in our sport, and she's taking away all our attention and she hasn't done anything yet". You wanna bet-- she's probably increased viewership and bringing more attention to the sport. She's high visibility, and like it or not, she's here to stay. JPM brought in a new demographic, and so does Danica.

The first thing I thought when I saw that fireball was I hope no one's in there, and I am far from being a JPM fan. In the shootout, when Gordon went on his roof, the first thing I thought was I hope Gordon's okay. Maybe I'm getting mellower with age, but I hope to God there's never another Dale Earnhardt or Dan Wheldon again. I don't care how much I dislike or root against a driver, I NEVER want to see someone get hurt, and anyone who thinks what happened was funny is sick.

On the other hand, joking about it in retrospect knowing that everyone is okay is fine. I bet JPM will be a little tentative next time his car feels funny though, and that incident will probably affect him for a while.

Elliott Sadler is the one who should be getting all the grief.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
it was clearly an accident, mcmurray even had the exact same thing happen to his car later. plus, no one in there right mind would intentionally crash into a tank full of jet fuel. thank God montoya's car didn't break about half a second later, he would have hit right in the jet dryer's driver side door instead of the tank in the back.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
i dont like how he overreacts to every thing hes like you give me a slight tap ill slam you into the wall head on
and he wrecked joey at infineon in 2010 so....

·
Monster
3,584 Posts
i dont like how he overreacts to every thing hes like you give me a slight tap ill slam you into the wall head on
and he wrecked joey at infineon in 2010 so....
That's the latin attitude though. You sere it throughout all sports, they have explosive personalities.

Just watched the Logono incident. Joey was pushing him around and he had enough of it. That's short track racing right there. Plus he didn't wreck Joey. Spinning someone out isn't wrecking, it's just spinning.

·
Do people read these?
6,452 Posts
I'm not a big Juan fan at all, but i'm tired of people making fun of him. About what hapend last night, and just racist stuff..

·
Do people read these?
6,452 Posts
I think there's a lot of the same attitude about Danica Patrick and the attention she's getting. "Oh my God, there's a woman in our sport, and she's taking away all our attention and she hasn't done anything yet". You wanna bet-- she's probably increased viewership and bringing more attention to the sport. She's high visibility, and like it or not, she's here to stay. JPM brought in a new demographic, and so does Danica.

The first thing I thought when I saw that fireball was I hope no one's in there, and I am far from being a JPM fan. In the shootout, when Gordon went on his roof, the first thing I thought was I hope Gordon's okay. Maybe I'm getting mellower with age, but I hope to God there's never another Dale Earnhardt or Dan Wheldon again. I don't care how much I dislike or root against a driver, I NEVER want to see someone get hurt, and anyone who thinks what happened was funny is sick.

On the other hand, joking about it in retrospect knowing that everyone is okay is fine. I bet JPM will be a little tentative next time his car feels funny though, and that incident will probably affect him for a while.

Elliott Sadler is the one who should be getting all the grief.
Agreed..

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Juan Pablo is one of my top 5 least favorites in NASCAR, I dont like him for his arragance and his antics, Fist off if anyone is blaming Juan for that is not right, something broke off his car and it hit the one place that no one expected. If anyone watches for the wrecks at hi speed tracks is not right, Newman said it best, Go home you dont belong here. I love it for the pack racing. Not the wrecks.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I started cracking some jokes AFTER i saw Juan was ok but not like some people did i said Looks like there is Juan less jetdryer im latino myself and I live in Miami which is full of hispanics and Juan has brought in a huge fanbase of them including me i like the guy. Also why im a Aric Almirola fan he is half cuban. I was dissapointed in some Nascar fans when i saw a sign at bristol a few years ago telling him to go back to Mexico and a bunch of other crap. Funny thing is he is not Mexican lol.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I truely think that people are making jokes at his expense just because he's an easy target right now. I don't think that anybody would be doing that if somebody was injured in this wreck. As much as we all have our drivers that we like and dislike, nobody wants to see anybody hurt. I suspect that this will last a couple of more days and then people will move on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts