Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some diecasts I've received lately. (Sorry in advance for the crappy pics... my camera sucks)

Here's the latest one. I'm very happy with it. Guy had it on ebay for $25 bid or $30 BIN... while I stirred as to buy it or not, someone put a bid on it. I emailed the seller asking if I could have it for the BIN price. He politely declined. So I snipped it and got it for $28 (plus $12 shipping). He could've gotten a couple extra bucks, oh well.
Compared to an MA car... it's equal. The headlight decals are a bit smaller and the taillights are bigger (weird), but the windshield bracings are silver as well as the back window bracings. The side windows are bigger (taller) and it has a working suspension (front and back). The wheels don't turn much to the left and right though. I don't know if that's my car or every CFS car. Of course the contigency decals are wrong and too few. Also the decklid isn't supposed to have anything on it. I'm thinking about getting another one so I can (or have someone) strip the hood and decklid and put 'LUCAS' on the hood. This is my first CFS 1/24th, but I'm pretty sure it won't be my last.

Ward Burton - 2007 CFS Champion Series #4 State Water Heaters Chevrolet Monte Carlo (1 of 1,575)

Got this the other day with a couple other 1/64ths. I love the look of the car. No other Lumina (in any scale I've seen) looks this good. The decals are kind of crappy though... like stickers. But I like it. I need the #22 MBNA from 1995 now.

Ward Burton - 1994 Quartzo #31 Hardee's Chevrolet Lumina (w/ rookie stripe)

Got this last week. I ordered two but received four. I'm going to try to get this car autographed TTM.
I HAVE THREE OF THESE KENSETHS FOR TRADE.

Matt Kenseth - 2006 Team Caliber Preferred #17 USG Sheetrock Ford Fusion (1 of 3,210)

I also have a couple of new diecasts on the way and three customs. I need more room!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
nice stuff you got there.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I never paid that much attention to contingency sponser decals until you and a few others mentioned them on here, and I didn't notice that there were too few or that they were incorrect until then. I wonder why they are that way. Could it be that they just didn't want to take the time to get an agreement w/all of them, or if there is another reason? That is kinda strange, but I know if you look at the boxes, you'll see that there is a mention of everyone on there and it says that the logo/logos were/are used w/their permission. Anybody know or have another idea? ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts