Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Which picture background do you prefer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I recently acquired a light box photo studio and think I will be redoing all my diecast pictures now that we have moved. Since I will be unpacking all my cars individually and putting them back in my cabinets, I thought it might be a good time for a refreshed view of my cars and also will be taking time to put them in my new tracking database. Please let me know what picture you prefer!

20200120_161114.jpg
20200120_161736.jpg
20200120_162335.jpg
20200120_164412.jpg

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,726 Posts
jim43fan Very nice! :thumbsup1:

I would like to know which one you bought as well.

I am partial to the plain white background, as to me it shows off the piece better, especially when one is trying to show the features of the piece itself.

Not that I don't like the other 3 backgrounds that you did, they all look great, but to just show off the fit, finish and details of the piece, I would stick with the neutral.

Great piece and historic livery as well!:cool:

·
Mark Martin CraZy
644 Posts
I think they all look great, but I'm partial to the black reflective. I'd love to reshoot all of mine, as well, but I've never been happy with my lighting. After seeing yours, I might just have to invest in an actual kit.

Good luck and have fun. You can't go wrong with any of those options.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Woah, those looks pretty great. In my opinion, the ones with the reflection looks very cool as it looks like being reflected off a showroom floor, especially the white. Once I get the time, I'm going to re-do all my pictures as well

·
Mark Martin CraZy
644 Posts
Different people shoot their pics with different setups, I'm sure, but this is how I shoot mine. I use a sheet of shelf glass that I've back-painted black. The backdrop (which you can't see) is gloss white. The soft box lights that I use bounce indirect light off of the white to create that reflective gray base. It's the white backdrop reflecting onto the black glass. That's what works for me.

Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts