Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
85F05C72-53FD-45EF-91BA-267C0ADD8BEA.jpeg
7E92A31B-EB63-481F-A285-D0A23CF5D08F.jpeg
I’m not sure if you noticed but FEEBAY in ridiculous :wow!: there is no way I would pay $24.99 plus $4.99 shipping for a 2020 boxed 1/64 scale car. The sad part there are some dumb dumbs that pay this price and they continue to raise. Here is what I saw. They started at $14.99 plus shipping. Once sold raised to $15.99 plus $1.00 shipping. Once that sold move to $19.99 plus $4.99 shipping. Now once again once sold moved to $24.99 plus $4.99 shipping. Does anyone else feel this is ridiculous gouging? FEEBAY makes me sick has taken all the fun out of the hunt Lthumbsdown:. I have been looking for either of these Littles at a reasonable price and found the above. I’m sorry venting!! In my opinion takes the fun out of collecting Lthumbsdown: As you all know I am not a social media person. I don’t waste my time on FB, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram!!! Frustrating first off finding them and ridiculous prices don’t make it any easier or enjoyable!!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
It sucks, but if people are paying it, they’ll keep selling that high. Personally, a newer 1/64 like that wouldn’t be worth that much cash, but I guess there are some people that’ll pay it. I’d think it’s just because Chase just won the title, maybe the they’ll settle down in a few months. It seems like more people are getting into the hobby right now as well, I’ve noticed that in several collector hobbies I have. Maybe it’s because of the pandemic, people staying home and looking for something to enjoy. I dunno, good luck on the hunt, hopefully you’ll find some at reasonable prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97443385-5B5D-45F7-B3E1-34F0928020E6.jpeg
It sucks, but if people are paying it, they’ll keep selling that high. Personally, a newer 1/64 like that wouldn’t be worth that much cash, but I guess there are some people that’ll pay it. I’d think it’s just because Chase just won the title, maybe the they’ll settle down in a few months. It seems like more people are getting into the hobby right now as well, I’ve noticed that in several collector hobbies I have. Maybe it’s because of the pandemic, people staying home and looking for something to enjoy. I dunno, good luck on the hunt, hopefully you’ll find some at reasonable prices.
I’m hoping you are right. In a few months maybe the Chase Elliott market will settle down. Another valid point more people looking to do something during COVID 19. I appreciate the post I hope to find them at a reasonable price also.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
There’s a sports store at the mall that carries NASCAR diecast, in the past I’ve had luck finding some sold out cars still sitting on his shelves as he doesn’t get a ton of business. Are these the only two 1/64’s you’re looking for? It’s a longshot, but I can check next time I’m in the area and see if he has any. If he does, they’d probably be in the $8 range.

·
Premium Member
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B9E9928F-C57B-4257-ADCE-609D1D2875BD.jpeg
There’s a sports store at the mall that carries NASCAR diecast, in the past I’ve had luck finding some sold out cars still sitting on his shelves as he doesn’t get a ton of business. Are these the only two 1/64’s you’re looking for? It’s a longshot, but I can check next time I’m in the area and see if he has any. If he does, they’d probably be in the $8 range.

WOW heck yes :wow!: I appreciate the offer. Yes these two are the ones I’m looking for. If you see any other Chase Elliott or Kyle Busch boxed 1/64’s please lmk? $8.00 is much more reasonable. Thank you again I appreciate your time to help me :twothumbsup: Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
View attachment 598964
WOW heck yes :wow!: I appreciate the offer. Yes these two are the ones I’m looking for. If you see any other Chase Elliott or Kyle Busch boxed 1/64’s please lmk? $8.00 is much more reasonable. Thank you again I appreciate your time to help me :twothumbsup: Thank you very much!!!
No problem, if there’s others you’re after, send me a list when you get a chance. It may be a week or two before I can get over there, but I’ll see what he’s got.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
If you would happen to find another Hooters car, I'd be game for it as well. Got the truck, just missing the car. I appreciate your efforts!

·
Premium Member
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AE5F648B-CB0C-4E72-A561-2F1B6C0732DC.jpeg
No problem, if there’s others you’re after, send me a list when you get a chance. It may be a week or two before I can get over there, but I’ll see what he’s got.

Awesome!! I appreciate it and will put a short list together :thanks:

·
Premium Member
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CEB04E8F-6545-4B4C-AFF0-90EB6F1D25C5.jpeg
I will send you a PM with my list of other 1/64 boxed cars I am looking for. Thank you for even looking for me in the next week or two :cheers:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, I went by the store today, and his 1/64 section was nearly wiped out. No Kyle Busch or Chase Elliott cars at all. I dunno if he sold a bunch on eBay or clearanced a bunch since my last visit. I was gonna ask but he wasn’t there, his daughter was watching the store.

·
Premium Member
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, I went by the store today, and his 1/64 section was nearly wiped out. No Kyle Busch or Chase Elliott cars at all. I dunno if he sold a bunch on eBay or clearanced a bunch since my last visit. I was gonna ask but he wasn’t there, his daughter was watching the store.

I appreciate you taking your time to even look for me. Maybe next time you stop by he will be there not his daughter. Thank you again much appreciated

·
just old school
5,561 Posts
diecast collecting,..........................Its a long race..................................... Live on Racing Champions
and old 1/64 HOOD OPEN RCCA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts