Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Never done it. I have drove an Indycar around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. That was absolutely awesome and one of the best things I have ever done.

Oh, and if a mod sees this thread, they should probably move it to the collector chat subforum. Belongs there probably and more people will see it too.

·
Premium Member
10,505 Posts
My better half got me the Kings Experience package at Auto Club Speedway 80 laps it was a blast!! I know it was expensive as heck but fun fun fun!! Good luck at Indy & enjoy.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
Enjoy the ride! " pedal to the medal" b/c cars just can go so fast maybe 170-180 up there b/c long track. Did 8 laps in Atlanta and wanted more. Did the ride-along and it was awesome. They ran 165 and I could only muster up 140. Good luck.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Its on my Bucketlist, I cant drive for a couple more years so I wait instead of going on the side.

·
Super Moderator
8,707 Posts
i'm thinking about doing the one at texas motor speedway.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
Has anyone experience the RP Driving Experience at the Brickyard yet? I am going April 14th for 8 laps and was wondering if you had any tips or how it was. My wife is even going on a ride a long for 3 laps! This is the first time for this but looks to be awesome!!!
If Dale Jarrett still has one of these it might be the better of the 2 which I have never done b/c of the cost. At RP you follow a car, but with DJ you don't unless something has changed.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Sounds like an amazing experience. Will be added to the bucket list.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I did this at Charlotte a few years back, 40 laps. Stay on your instructor's car's butt. If you keep up with him he will continue to go faster. Also, remember that your depth perception is severely messed up at those speeds. You may think you are 3 car lengths away from his car, but you are probably 15. They will wave you off if you get too close. I got waved off quite a few times!

You will absolutely love it. And your wife is in for the ride of her life. I did the 3 lap ride along before I drove, and my driver was Jimmy Kitchens....he got loose a couple times coming out of turn 4. Amazing feeling, will give you a brand new perspective on what these guys do every Sunday!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Also, if you ever get a chance to drive one of the Legends cars....do it. The weight to horsepower ratio is off the charts and those things accelerate hard. When I worked at RCR, I would help out with Ty Dillon's Legends cars from time to time and got to drive them a few times breaking in new sets of tires. Wicked little boogers.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I have done the RPDE at Michigan, it was a blast! Enjoy the experience. As RAK80 said, it'll give you a whole new appreciation for what these guys do on sundays.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts