Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you not familiar to the 'ring of death' its what happens when a microsoft xbox 360 flashes 3 red lights....and guess what???? mine has shown me the ring of death, ive had it exactly for a year and honestly guys this has ruined my day, sure i am going to exchange it for a new one when i get a chance, but this just sucks, it is just out of the blue i was playing it earlier and so was my brother...what the hell man????

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
It should be replaced for free, they extended the warranty on all units for 3 years against the ROD. I just hope the Elite I bought a few months ago has all the new parts. That is the only bad thing about the 360, besides that, it kicks ass when it's working.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
geebi said:
It should be replaced for free, they extended the warranty on all units for 3 years against the ROD. I just hope the Elite I bought a few months ago has all the new parts. That is the only bad thing about the 360, besides that, it kicks ass when it's working.
yea but by the time i get a 360 back i will have gone into remission. i have my reciept im going to exchange it for a new one...sometimes working for walmart can have benefits all be it miniscule.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Sall7987 said:
geebi said:

yea but by the time i get a 360 back i will have gone into remission. i have my reciept im going to exchange it for a new one...sometimes working for walmart can have benefits all be it miniscule.
I don't blame you, when I first got mine I had one of the older ones, I sold it and bought me a new Elite after they had been out a while. So far so good, with all the good games it's hard not to stick with the 360. I wouldn't mind having a PS3 but I really like the 360's controller, I like it where most FPS games have almost identical controls.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My understanding is when this happens a person with just a little electronic knowledge can fix it with a few simple parts from Radio Shack.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
BadBowtie said:
My understanding is when this happens a person with just a little electronic knowledge can fix it with a few simple parts from Radio Shack.
Yeah but then if you mess up you have voided the warranty and you are really up the creek.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
You wouldn't have to have a 3 year blanket warranty of you didn't make a crap product!!

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
kspool said:
You wouldn't have to have a 3 year blanket warranty of you didn't make a crap product!!
I agree, they should fix the one's that get the ROD. I think 99% of the problem is overheating. I know everyone doesn't but a lot of people stuff these consoles wherever they can and they end up not getting enough air circualtion. I bought the intercooler for mine and it's also well ventilated. For all I know it may die tomorrow but I will send it off for another because the 360 still kicks ass.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Sounds like a good name for a game.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I've read that even with the portable fans, the ring if death is inevitable.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
I bought the Nyko Intercooler for mine and it keeps it a lot cooler than just the stock fan. It has 3 fans with one 1 blowing in and two blowing out. But it was a pretty bad hardware foul up by our great friends at Microsoft. The PS3 seems like a nice machine, even though I haven't played one yet. When the PS3 gets a pretty good lineup of games I may give in but the 360 and even the PC games keep me from dropping another $400+ on a console.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I wonder why they don't just recall them and fix them all at once?

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
I wonder why they don't just recall them and fix them all at once?
Because they all aren't malfunctioning. There are some people that are still playing their launch day consoles and some that have had the ROD. My console is supposed to have the new heat sink and all the new parts so we will see how long it lasts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts