Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know how many people saw the end of the race but he just screwed Abrose out of his first win. After being told by Nascar to move back to 12th position and still dont move, get threatened with being black flagged and still stay in 12th and spin out Ambrose, there better be some heavy fines and penalties.

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
truex37 said:
fishin4cars said:
I'm sorry I disagree, Robby had nothing to lose. What a fine? Lose race points, Suspension from Busch? Got his point across. What did he have to lose, a protest. I don't think he will get or deserve the win, I think Ambrose should have won but I really believe Nascar jumped their descision for not giving him and Ambrose the 1&2 position. The flag was flying when the incident happened. If NASCAR wasn't going to make the right descision then Robby made his point!!

Congradts to Harvick!! Glad he will be given the win!!!!!!!!
yea but he shouldnt take out other drivers to make a point
my point exactly. i understand he was pissed that he was going to have to start back at 12th but once again we are run by Nascars rules and the rules do state that he was out of the pack. which is not to say that the way the rule is wrote is right either since now it just means that other drivers can just push others out of the way during a caution. but also as far as Robby having to prove something, so did Ambrose, he has to prove to assholes like Robby that he cant just be pushed around either. before the camera goes to show Gordon getting spun it shows that Ambrose had the left side of his quarter panel tore up, but of course we didnt see what Robby did to do it because the camers didnt catch it. He was told to move to the back and i think Nascar dropped the ball and they should have red flagged the race and towed his car off the field. they wasted enough laps to make it a green white finish and i think they knew what Robby was going to do.

I know Tony has did some bone head moves in his day but damn. i dont think this was as bonehead as him being mad at mikey last year because he almost ran waltrip in the wall and mikey held his ground and Robby basicly spun himself out and then hit mikeys car with his helmet. it is no secret on this board of what my feelings on Jeff Gordon and Montoya are but as of now i do believe that Robby has taken over the top spot on my shit list. i have never really cared about Robby before now. and is after race comments and action proved that he has no class what so ever. for him to go do the burn out just took away from Harvicks celebration and then for him to claim that Harvick didnt win the race that he won it, that just goes to show his mentality and maturity.

i lost a whole lot of respect for the man after the burnout and then his statement and i gained alot of respect for Ambrose. He took the high road on it and took it with a smile.

this is nothing that Robby hasnt done before with his excuse of "you know its a road course and people get spun in the corners". he used that one , one time to many. either way i say sit his ass out of the race because he definetly screwed not only himself out of a better finish, he screwed Ambrose out of what could have been possibly his first win and he screwed the fans out of what could have been a close finish or at least the rightful winner. but i guess we will never know now...........thanx jackass

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
JJ48Fan said:
kspool said:
Ambrose doesn't have a brake pedal? They were under caution!!
And that goes back to my point. How do we know Robby didn't pass Ambrose under caution? We don't because the replay didn't show that angle. Like I said before, it all comes down to NASCAR whether right or wrong, assigned Robby Gordon to the 12th position. Robby refused, they then parked him after he wrecked Ambrose, once again Robby refused. He ignored the "boss" twice and thus pays the penalty.
exactly, i for one am glad that they are sitting him out for a race. they said that more will be applied to him later this week. you know it goes back to the old saying "Dont cross the boss". alot of drivers, mine included, have messed up, but also when the officials say move back or go to pit row, they follow directions, not go out there and do what they want and "F up" the race ending. we all know once Nascar has said something it is a very rare occasion if they go back on their ruling, and he knew it too. he should have moved to the back and saved some face and not come off like a total jackass.

in my book what he did was worse than Nascars "phantom caution".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.