Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the #7 team in the Nextel Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found last week at Daytona. The #7 Ford, driven by Robby Gordon, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-6.7C (8) (unapproved camera shell) of the 2007 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during opening day inspection on July 5. Gordon has been penalized 25 championship driver and 25 championship owner points. Crew chief Gene Nead has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
That is total B.S.!! 1-If Nascar wants the teams to run cameras all cars should already have the same cover. 2-why does Nascar wait until after inspection before issuing these fines and penalties? That should be what preinspection is for. To find and notify the teams that something needs repairing on the car. Give the team a chance to fix the problem before going out on the track. I'm glad I'm not a team owner or crew chief. I would be thrown out five minutes into the first inspection process for ( actions detrimental to stock car racing) For calling the officials total A$$ whipes because 1- they aren't stock cars that is just your imagination, nothing on the thing is stock!! 2 cause my fist is bigger than your eyes!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
A camera shell-- this has got to be one of the stupidest penalties yet!!

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
This just in....

NASCAR has issued a fined Larkin $10,000 and has put him on probation until the end of time. Larkin was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and Section 2-BS (improper headlight decals). Larkin was found to have put Ford Fusion headlight decals on his Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The infraction was not found until well after the race and officials were going over the race footage to see why he was so erratic on the track. Concerns were running rampant that a 'random' drug test was needed to explain his behavior, but one eagle-eyed official realized that the aerodynamics of the car were a lot different than the dyno tests suggested they should be. Larkin is appealing the fine but has put all officials on notice that they had better find some very large protective eyewear.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
:rofl: :LMAO I LOVE IT!!!!!! :thumbup:

Oh and Believe I love the Camaro!! The wife and I are planning on trading in her trailblazer and getting one when they FINALLY come out. We are still waiting to see what interior and exterior colors are going to be availble. I'm trying to talk her in to waiting one more year after the first year release to get the V-8 powered. from our understanding only the V-6 will be available the first year of release.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
ROTFLMFAO!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Awesome Job Believe!!!
On the other hand, this has to be one of the worst penalties of the year!!! Why on Earth would they not see this during Pre-Inspection!!!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
What's with the outrage? How is this uncommon? NASCAR does this all the time at Daytona and Talladega. This is the first time I've heard of someone trying to mess with a camera mount, but that can be an aerodynamic advantage. Gordon received a penalty that's on par with what NASCAR has handed down recently. I don't understand why everyone's blowing up over this.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Kind of an inside joke with me and Believe. I don't agree with the penalty but that is my opinion. Believe and a few others knows I can be somewhat, bull headed and have a sick type sense of humor. I almost pee'd all over myself on Believe's post but again it is something he would understand the most!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts