Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,313 Posts
Well my input, Robby being one of my favorites. I'm only pissed he didn't listen to Nascar and go to the back, he was just asking for a suspension. I don't blame him for getting Ambrose back one bit, if it was on purpose or not, most any driver will lose his temper and look for payback, though Robby should have just backed off and let it go, its a Busch race, he isn't running for points, just take the penalty and after the race give Ambrose a rub to show your not happy or talk to him after the race about it.

·
5,313 Posts
Heres how I see it also, pretty much any driver would have done what Robby did, every driver snaps once in a while, but I think Robby snapped a bit too much. I know pretty much for a fact if Harvick, Stewart, the Busch brothers, and a few others would have all done what Robby did, they would have ignored Nascar and they would have gotten their payback. I have heard that Ambroses quarter panel was torn up some, of course from Robby battling him, but do you really think when someone is going for their first win, like Ambrose, was is going to just give up the lead with a handful of laps left, and do you really think Robby Gordon of all people is going to just let someone win without putting up a fight? So of course to get by, Robby had to rub Ambrose and bump him, but Robby didn't spin Ambrose. I think when Ambrose spun Robby he was caught up in the moment and was upset Robby had to pass him by bumping and rubbing and all that. Of course I also don't think Robby should have gotten Ambrose back the way he did, he should have just gone back to 12th like Nascar said, cool off some, then let Ambrose know how he feels after the race. I don't think anything would have changed even if Robby was suppose to restart 2nd anyways, either way Ambrose was going to get what Robby thought he deserved, even if Robby had to ignore Nascar just like he did. Its just another case where close racing and beating and banging for the lead turned into angry drivers caught up in the moment doing things they will regret.

·
5,313 Posts
Yeah, I agree that Nascar didn't do the best job trying to prevent Robby for getting his revenge. The entire thing could have easily been avoided, but we can't change it now, Robby is bound to have a penalty waiting for him and Ambrose will have to hold off his first win hopes a bit longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.