Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys! I listed a bunch of my personal collection items on Ebay. Most all of it is Roush Racing stuff.
They include...
2003 Matt Kenseth Championship 1:24 car *employee only*
2003 Matt Kenseth Championship 1:24 car Owners Edition *Autographed!*
2004 Kurt Busch Championship 1:24 car *employee only*
Matt Kenseth #17 "NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race 2004" lithograph by Garry Hill *autographed* (auction is close to ending)
AND

2003 Matt Kenseth Winston Cup Championship RING!!!!
2004 Kurt Busch Nextel Cup Champion Ring!!!!
NOT REPLICAS!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/tjjames1/m.html?hash=item35bb36993c&item=230774184252&pt=Diecast_Vehicles&_trksid=p4340.l2562

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I thought the Kenseth Employees Only First Choice car, came in an Owners box. I had the First Choice Championship car and it looked like the one pictured on EBay. LMK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought the Kenseth Employees Only First Choice car, came in an Owners box. I had the First Choice Championship car and it looked like the one pictured on EBay. LMK.
Did your box have "Roush Racing Employee Edition" printed on the box? The one I have listed does, it is the white print under "First Choice" in the upper left corner of the box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added a 2003 Jack Roush "Circle of Fans" Owners Series, Paver Car!! Greg Biffle signed hat too.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Did your box have "Roush Racing Employee Edition" printed on the box? The one I have listed does, it is the white print under "First Choice" in the upper left corner of the box.
Nope. I saw the Employees version said that on the box, and it was a First Choice car, but in an Owners box, and had a coin instead of the trophy...

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That sounds like the one I have autographed. It is an Owner Series box.
But yours in the Owners Series box is Pearl finish, and the Championship Employees Only version I saw was a regular finish.....

·
Sunday Money
2,073 Posts
[MENTION=431]FFighter_21[/MENTION]

Ken,

My attempt to hopefully add some value.....

The Roush Employee Edition for Kenseth's 2003 Championship DeWalt die-cast was only produced in the Team Caliber First Choice Series with the miniature replica of the 2003 Winston Cup Championship Trophy in the box as pictured in his auction listing. I have never seen a 2003 Kenseth Employee Edition First Choice Championship die-cast in an Owner's Series box.

A person certainly could place a First Choice die-cast in an Owner's Series box; however, they would need a hole in the plastic cover over the die-cast inside the Owner's Series box to facilitate the roof antenna of the First Choice die-cast.

The following Team Caliber Owner's Series appears very similiar from the surface; however, does not have the roof antenna or the extra detail of the First Choice die-cast (primarily engine detail). As you correctly indicated, the Owner's Series die-cast included the coin indicating production quantity.

Here are pictures of the two version with boxes in the background for comparative purposes.

Team Caliber Owner's Series version of Kenseth 2003 DeWalt Championship 1:24 CWC (1/6504)

Team Caliber First Choice Roush Employee Edition of Kenseth 2003 DeWalt Championship 1:24 CWC (1/2000)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[MENTION=431]FFighter_21[/MENTION]

Ken,

My attempt to hopefully add some value.....

The Roush Employee Edition for Kenseth's 2003 Championship DeWalt die-cast was only produced in the Team Caliber First Choice Series with the miniature replica of the 2003 Winston Cup Championship Trophy in the box as pictured in his auction listing. I have never seen a 2003 Kenseth Employee Edition First Choice Championship die-cast in an Owner's Series box.

A person certainly could place a First Choice die-cast in an Owner's Series box; however, they would need a hole in the plastic cover over the die-cast inside the Owner's Series box to facilitate the roof antenna of the First Choice die-cast.

The following Team Caliber Owner's Series appears very similiar from the surface; however, does not have the roof antenna or the extra detail of the First Choice die-cast (primarily engine detail). As you correctly indicated, the Owner's Series die-cast included the coin indicating production quantity.

Thanks for the great explanation! Those are two really nice pieces you have, too!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Thanks for the great explanation! Those are two really nice pieces you have, too!
Dude, no disrespect....I am no "Rookie" at the die-cast hobby. I am well aware of what a First Choice car and a Owners car are like, and I know that they could swap cars from boxes etc.
What I saw was a real car........I was not accusing you of not knowing anything, or doing anything shady. Just putting that information out there.
Good luck, hope you can sell them...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Dude, no disrespect....I am no "Rookie" at the die-cast hobby. I am well aware of what a First Choice car and a Owners car are like, and I know that they could swap cars from boxes etc.
What I saw was a real car........I was not accusing you of not knowing anything, or doing anything shady. Just putting that information out there.
Good luck, hope you can sell them...
Sorry, but I think you read into that wrong. I found the post informative for myself as I am a "rookie" collector.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That's was directed at the other part in the thread, not you. I quoted the wrong post. My apologies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts