Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is totally uncalled for, the AJ Almendinger raced version of this car was out almost immediately, and yesterday, I received the Kyle Larson #51 car, but we are still waiting on the Ryan Blaney Discount Tire Raced Win, and now I see that Lionel isn't even polling the First Cup Race SKF scheme, just like his Dad, Ryan is getting NO RESPECT, If they weren't the only game in town, I' wouldn't buy from them again!
This is exactly why I am collecting dirt cars, and very few NASCAR die-cast now...

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Ok? Maybe a sponsor thing with skf. If lionel thought the car would sell and had sponsor approval, it would be polled. Didn't the race win barely get to moq?

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Um ok? Ever once think this isn't bout the driver; sponsors play a HUGE roll in what even gets offered. You don't know they won't offer the first cup start either.

It seems folks get offended by things when be glad it was even made. Most Discount Tire wins weren't even offered for drivers who sell better. You can easily find AJ's car and this will be in same ball park. It has taken some time to come out but try having patience about it (it seems you get worked over not getting a diecast within 6 months).

And you aren't helping your cause by still buying from them.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Um ok? Ever once think this isn't bout the driver; sponsors play a HUGE roll in what even gets offered. You don't know they won't offer the first cup start either.

It seems folks get offended by things when be glad it was even made. Most Discount Tire wins weren't even offered for drivers who sell better. You can easily find AJ's car and this will be in same ball park. It has taken some time to come out but try having patience about it (it seems you get worked over not getting a diecast within 6 months).

And you aren't helping your cause by still buying from them.
I can't imagine it's a sponsor thing. SKF had a car with Sam back in 2012 and was the same exact scheme. I think they don't think it'll make MOQ so they are not even bothering to offer it.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
@FFighter_21 Ken you need to relax.Ryan had trouble making MOQ on the Discount Tire Car.Unfortunately the Discount Tire Scheme was beat to death by every other driver before Ryan.Again the SKF scheme was a previous run scheme and didnt do well with a not so popular driver.As much of die hard fan as you are for Blaney and Ryan right now Ryan and Dave fans are not supporting diecast in great quantities look at the production of Ryan's car and how long it took to get to that point and now your mad because it is still not out before some other cars.Ken you cant have it both ways.Your the number #1 Fan for Blaney you should be on there Facebook and Chat Boards and leading the charge to make sure these diecast get made instead of griping about Lionel.Lionel is in business to make money.Lord knows for every 1 cars that sells out at distributor level there are 10 that dont.So instead of being part of the problem be part of the solution.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
@FFighter_21 I am working on a project after speaking with someone face to face.I sent them a email as they requested.To no avail.I have called in all my favors and left messages with people who know him etc.He is quite busy and out of the state for the entire month and wont be back until early next month.I will have to make my own meeting happen even though I have the possibilities of making something happen he wants to do.It is all about whether you want to be part of the solution or the problem.

·
Happy Happy Happy
809 Posts
Got a message from lionel today the supposed ship date is July 14th can't believe it has taken this long even though they have had some problems with production of the car it has almost been a year!

Reactions: FFighter_21

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a message from lionel today the supposed ship date is July 14th can't believe it has taken this long even though they have had some problems with production of the car it has almost been a year!
EXACTLY..........

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@FFighter_21 I am working on a project after speaking with someone face to face.I sent them a email as they requested.To no avail.I have called in all my favors and left messages with people who know him etc.He is quite busy and out of the state for the entire month and wont be back until early next month.I will have to make my own meeting happen even though I have the possibilities of making something happen he wants to do.It is all about whether you want to be part of the solution or the problem.
Ron, LMK what I can do to assist, and I will do everything in my power, I am on the message boards and everywhere else I can think of beating the bushes, my frustration comes w/Lionel, NOT w/the sponsors or the Blaneys, Should it have really taken this long to get this car made? The hurdles it had to leap prior have nothing to do w/this taking so long, this is an apple to the oranges of the things that need done to get the car approved for production. It is simple, but I can see everyone has drank the Kool Aide so I will keep my bitches to myself from now on. BTW, thanks Ron, I will continue to do whatever I can......I appreciate whatever you are doing/have done.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
I'd be in to help in anyway I can.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
I'm really looking forward to getting this win along with McMurray's Dega win. At least Chase's win is soon. Those are the only 2013 wins I need still.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
The car took a while to meet MOQ, that's the issue. Be glad it's getting made, that was a struggle in and of itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts