Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryan Truex is on the nationwide entry list in the grime boss #20 for joe gibbs racing! i know that hamlin doesn't like running nationwide races, maybe a good showing by truex will allow him to run the #18 in the races hamlin is scheduled to drive with z-lines and dollar general sponsorship.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Awesome! I'm happy to know that. It's a shame that he's kind of been lost in the shuffle. Hopefully he can have a good run at Bristol.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
which entry list??? joeys running NW at Bristol? is he in the 18 again?

EDIT- nevermind i looked it up and yes joey in the 18

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which entry list??? joeys running NW at Bristol? is he in the 18 again?

EDIT- nevermind i looked it up and yes joey in the 18
nationwide entry list. logano is in the game stop #18. it's on jayski.

EDIT-didn't see your edit. lol.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
awesome

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ryan should be in a JGR car, NOT BRIAN SCOTT!
i don't think dollar general will back him for much longer. but he will always have his family owned shore lodge sponsorship to back him. dollar general has a history of wanting drivers out of their cars if they don't win enough (or at all). randy lajoie, burney lamar, kertus davis, burner lamar (again!), and reed sorenson have all been kicked out of dollar general sponsored cars.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i don't think dollar general will back him for much longer. but he will always have his family owned shore lodge sponsorship to back him. dollar general has a history of wanting drivers out of their cars if they don't win enough (or at all). randy lajoie, burney lamar, kertus davis, burner lamar (again!), and reed sorenson have all been kicked out of dollar general sponsored cars.

At this point I think they could make more ground by sponsoring Phoenix Racing or someone. With Braun/Turner, they had a decent combo, but the main reason they're sponsoring Scott is because of the deal with JGR.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At this point I think they could make more ground by sponsoring Phoenix Racing or someone. With Braun/Turner, they had a decent combo, but the main reason they're sponsoring Scott is because of the deal with JGR.
if the gibbs marketing guys can sell brian scott to a sponsor, there's absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER they can't sell drew herring, brad coleman, matt dibenedetto, and ryan truex to sponsors.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DG shoulda went with Bayne...Roush probably wanted too much sadly.
roush was never in the running for the DG sponsorship, they went to gibbs because kyle had ran with dollar general sponsorship in the truck series for a couple years and when they talked to him about increasing their nascar sponsorship exposure he set up a meeting with the gibbs brass.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
roush was never in the running for the DG sponsorship, they went to gibbs because kyle had ran with dollar general sponsorship in the truck series for a couple years and when they talked to him about increasing their nascar sponsorship exposure he set up a meeting with the gibbs brass.

I know that. As do most other people. It was just a statement of opinion....

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
I'm glad he's back, he should have won ROTY last year but sadly, Timmy Hill did without a single top 10 finish...what a joke. Now Hill's gonna be the Cup ROTY too. I really wish a sponsor would jump on with Truex because he's a great driver.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm glad he's back, he should have won ROTY last year but sadly, Timmy Hill did without a single top 10 finish...what a joke. Now Hill's gonna be the Cup ROTY too. I really wish a sponsor would jump on with Truex because he's a great driver.
in his defense hill did have crap equipment all year. it's hard to run with the leaders when your motors are 15 mph slower than them when running at 100%. and josh wise is actually leading cup ROTY points right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts