Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the Busch standings, and couldn't believe that Kevin Harvick, who has only run 15 of the 20 races, is in 2nd place. That's just sad.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Yeah, I saw that after the Loudon race he won... pathetic. Worst thing that could have happened to the Busch Series happened last year when Harvick won the title running both schedules. (and yes it was different from 2001). It's hardly worth watching anymore. Chicago had 25 Cup drivers in it. 25! You have sponsors who aren't willing to take risks and owners who are guilty of the same. Watching races from three-four years ago seems light years away from today's Busch Series.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Harvick felt that running the Busch Series last year would him in Cup, and it obviously did.. so i dont see anything wrong with it... I know there are too many Cup Drivers, but until it illegal, there is no point in complaining... its racing.. so Ill watch it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Chicago race was one of the saddest I've seen. Another nail in the coffin courtesy of Haskell and Harvick and the rest of the Cuppers. ARCA has better racing nowadays than Busch.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
And here I thought the whole point of Busch was to be a feeder system for Cup. Kinda hard for a no-name driver to showcase his full potential when he's competing against fully funded Cup drivers and Cup teams. It's one thing to race against Cup drivers while trying to showcase your talent but it's another to race against combinations such as Kyle Busch/Hendrick MotorSports, Harvick & Burton/RCR, Edwards and Roush, etc...All top tier teams in Cup with top tier drivers running in Busch. Good luck competing against that.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I thought that was what was happening? Personally I do not care, I do not watch Busch, and wonder why a cup driver would even WANT to run down there. I never saw Jordon go down and play against semi pro players, Aikman didn't go play arena ball in his spare time, so why do some cup drivers get their jollies beating up on Busch guys? I dunno. Same reason Tony likes to run dirt cars in heis spare time. You know the mom and pop racers hate to see Tony Stewart pull up with him million dollar rig on a Thursday night in Podunk Iowa for a race, but he does and that is life.
As an owner, I would think it would be perfect to see how a guys does BEFORE I put him in my cup car. Who do you think they will be running against on Sunday? Fully funded cup guys. If they cannot run with them on Saturday then they are probably not going to be able to run with them on Sunday.

Jr and Kennseth raced with cup guys before they were cup, and still won, if the current crop cannot then that just says something about them, I guess. JMO.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just heard that they have an entirely new surface at Bristol and they're not going to allow any of the cup teams to practice there before the next race, so all the teams are considering running the Busch race there, including guys that never run Busch races anymore. They even mentioned Jeff Gordon!!

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Thats why there racers.. they want to race. You can say it all you want, but there isnt enough talent out there to fill a whole Busch series. So go ahead and blame Harvick for everything, because you know hes the only one running the Busch series from Cup.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
1Bob29 said:
Thbut there isnt enough talent out there to fill a whole Busch series
How do you know? They never even get a shot because all the seats are filled with guys who already have jobs. There are so many things that NASCAR could do to better the Busch Series, but they won't do it. The COT should be a good thing for the Busch Series. It lessens what the Cup drivers can learn about the track.

They should change the tires. Have the Busch Series either run a completely different tire manufacturer or at least run a different rubber compound.

Run different tracks on the same weekend. If Cup's in Atlanta, have Busch in California. No more double dipping (at least as often).

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
I liked watching those weekends when the cup series was in pocono and infineon. It was what busch racing was meant to be. up and coming drivers showing their potential. given there were some cup drivers in there but those drivers except for edwards suck in cup anyway.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
It's pathetic hearing a bunch of you crying over the Sprint cup series guys running in the Busch series. Did anyone look at the line up rooster before they started all there whining and griping?? 1 car went home! (1) that means all the other Busch regulars didn't even show up and try to make the race. Heck if Morgan Shepard can make the race in a 1 car self funded team and the man is 63 years old. There is no reason why ANYONE needs to be griping about the BUSCHWACKERS. How are the Busch wanna be race car drivers and teams ever going to truly compete when they don't even enter the race to try and attempt to make it in against cup drivers. :nahnah:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining about the series. I just think that it's pathetic that the non cup teams are so pathectically bad that a guy who's only run 15 races is kicking their ass so badly that he is in second place in the points. Hell, the 9th place driver has only run 13 races where guys below him have run all 20. Personally, I think if you didn't have cup drivers in there, no one would watch.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Exactly, people tell me that Busch Series would be great and worth watching without the Cup drivers, but yet when I watch the stand-alone races like Kentucky and Milwaukee the stands are still half filled.

Another thing is you tell me the Busch Series is full of up and coming drivers, but when you take out most of the Buschwackers who do you have running up in front? Jason Leffler and Scott Wimmer, there not up and coming drivers thier Cup rejects! Where are the up and coming drivers? There alrready up in Cup making a mess of things like David Ragan and Juan Montoya. They really need to be focusing on developing themselves in Busch and trying not to double dip in cup. But why are they not done there? Money! Yes its true Busch teams get paid squat, take for Chicago for example, Kevin Harvick who won the race earned 86,000 and change. Jamie McMurrary and Dave Blaney who finished 38th and 40th in the Cup race earned about the same. That is pathetic.

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
KK3869 said:
Exactly, people tell me that Busch Series would be great and worth watching without the Cup drivers, but yet when I watch the stand-alone races like Kentucky and Milwaukee the stands are still half filled.

Another thing is you tell me the Busch Series is full of up and coming drivers, but when you take out most of the Buschwackers who do you have running up in front? Jason Leffler and Scott Wimmer, there not up and coming drivers thier Cup rejects! Where are the up and coming drivers? There alrready up in Cup making a mess of things like David Ragan and Juan Montoya. They really need to be focusing on developing themselves in Busch and trying not to double dip in cup. But why are they not done there? Money! Yes its true Busch teams get paid squat, take for Chicago for example, Kevin Harvick who won the race earned 86,000 and change. Jamie McMurrary and Dave Blaney who finished 38th and 40th in the Cup race earned about the same. That is pathetic.
The stands at the Milwaukee Mile were FULL for the busch race and at 85% full for the truck race. We love our racing here. :-D

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
PAUL BARTLE said:
will the Busch or whatever it will be called in 2008 series still be running the same cars or are there going the route of the COT ?
The Grand National Division will NOT run the COT.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
1Bob29 said:
PAUL BARTLE said:
will the Busch or whatever it will be called in 2008 series still be running the same cars or are there going the route of the COT ?
The Grand National Division will NOT run the COT.
That is correct...although there was talk early in the year that they were thinking of going to Pony cars, I.E. Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros etc., but nothing has been said recently.
If they did, and the Cup goes COT full-time, that would pretty much eliminate any excuse that the drivers have for using the "I am getting info for race day" excuse. Only time will tell. I think they just wanna race, and there are sponsors out there who don't want to spend the kind of cash it takes to sponsor a Cup effort, and they want to go w/a proven entity, so they go w/a Roush or an RCR instead of a lower level Busch team. Again, it's all about the benjimans.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, I read on Foxsports.com that the Busch (or whatever it will be called) will be going to a COT-type car in 2009. I will post the link when I can find it again.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7026152

Roush-Fenway Racing is expected to announce Greg Biffle will be driving the No. 16 next season with sponsorship from 3M ... Scott Riggs' contract has not been renewed with Evernham Motorsports for 2008 ... NASCAR is considering adopting some form of the Car of Tomorrow for the Busch Series, possibly as early as 2009 ... DEI will participate in the Busch test at the newly resurfaced Bristol Motor Speedway with Martin Truex Jr. and Dale Earnhardt Jr. on July 24. The organization is also planning a test at Iowa on the 21st and at Kentucky Speedway on Tuesday with Paul Menard. Other teams participating in the Bristol tire test for Goodyear include Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Jamie McMurray, Scott Riggs, Kurt Busch and A.J. Allmendinger.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts