Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Appears to be, I know there is a similar car on RCCA for there epoint auction just recently.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
If you see another car like this that has a DIN #, then most likely you have a sample.

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
I would say yes, it is a sample. Being a 2007 (DIN's were instituted in 2006), and having no DIN, but not having the prototype stickers, it would be classified as a sample. Is that a trackside elite (HO only)?

·
Dawg Crazy
333 Posts
I would say yes it is a pre-production sample. RCCA would run about 6 of these sample's and fly them to the states to be inspected and approved so actual production could start. And that may have been the last year the samples were done in the Elite. All samples now are ARC's because of cost...............................................the Dawg

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say yes, it is a sample. Being a 2007 (DIN's were instituted in 2006), and having no DIN, but not having the prototype stickers, it would be classified as a sample. Is that a trackside elite (HO only)?
Karl, Yes it is a Trackside Elite with hood open only. I was asked, why do they make samples and what it would be worth. I couldn't answer that question so I'm looking for the right answer.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say yes it is a pre-production sample. RCCA would run about 6 of these sample's and fly them to the states to be inspected and approved so actual production could start. And that may have been the last year the samples were done in the Elite. All samples now are ARC's because of cost...............................................the Dawg
Thanks Michael. I now know why they made samples but what is it worth?

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
Value is based on driver and desire mostly. I wouldn't say that one's worth a lot, although the right person might give a little more for that one. As always, it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it, but I don't think it would fetch, at best, more than $75-$100 bucks. Of course, you never can tell. It could go for $25 and it could go for $200+. Who knows in today's market?

·
Dawg Crazy
333 Posts
Thanks Michael. I now know why they made samples but what is it worth?
kspool...Karl answer your question the BEST. Depending on driver, paint scheme, fan base..ect it can go for BIG BUCKS or not much more than a regular diecast. Haa collectors ego and bragging rights come into play also.
...............................................the Dawg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.