Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this is what Sr. envisioned with DEI. I guess it kind of explains why the #3 is back on the track. I guess it just started a situation of everybody moving on from Dale Earnhardt and putting it all behind:

Twitter / Mattley_Crue: @DaleJr @TigerFanClint i was ...

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
I thought it was still a museum? I guess I was wrong, it is a shame to see that kinda fall off like that.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,096 Posts
I wonder if JR will buy it back?

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,087 Posts
I wonder if JR will buy it back?
the only way I see it happening is after his active racing career....I firmly believe he is still haunted by that day, by the shadow of his famous racer father and expectations laid on him. I think Theresa made some poor decisions that ultimately brought an end to DEI as a racing partner, and Junior had to forge off on his own to find some peace to it all. It was one of those deals where the magnitude of Earnhardt's specter was bigger than life and his end really set things beyond repair without him.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Only place where we had to pay to park... It was an alright museum.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
The whole deal was and is a sad situation.I remeber where I was to this day.I was selling at a Racing Collectibles Show.I recieved a Phone Call from my dad that Sr was hurt and it looked bad and to take all Srs cars off the table.The vulchers came around as soon as the word was out at the bar in the hotel where the show was.Another dealer called me and asked me what I was doing and I told him.He said his store was packed and he sent him employees over to his storage to pull all of his extras and bring them back.He raised the prices 5x on average after Sr passed away due to the deamnd.

I remember being in DEI building and Kelly Earnhardt was my rep and I had to sign my contract.I know why Jr has all the endorsement deals Jr has etc.Kelly was no BS and extremely straight forward but I believe she learned a lot of her business sense from Teresa.

I am sure that Sr's death was very difficult for all those involved especially Teresa has a business DEI,Race team DEI,Daugter Taylor Nicole,keeping the vulchers away from Taylor Nicole,the estate of Sr safe and sound,I am sure she wanted to be left alone.Plus there is a ton of stuff behind the scenes we didnt know about.

You cant blame any of the parties for wanting to go there seperate ways and wanting to do what they feel is best for each individual person involved.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
That's pretty sad looking. I wonder what could have been if Theresa would have let Dale Jr own and run DEI along with Kelly.
i think jr and kelly are doing great with Jr motorsports has a nationwide team

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Teresa ran that place in the ground. Shame on her for allowing Dale SR's hard work go to waste. Jr could have stepped up and that place would be thriving today.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
What a shame, like others have said I'm sure Dale would be disappointed.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Teresa ran that place in the ground. Shame on her for allowing Dale SR's hard work go to waste. Jr could have stepped up and that place would be thriving today.
she never let jr and kelley run the team the reason jr left DEI to drive for hendrick motorsports because of kelley thats how jr motorsport is the way it is today

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Sure dale would be disappointed but he was the backbone of that place and dale jr needed to leave to make it on his own and I'm sure he saw were things were going and needed to move on.

Still love the picture of all the cars in the front lobby with the drivers pictures behind them.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
she never let jr and kelley run the team the reason jr left DEI to drive for hendrick motorsports because of kelley thats how jr motorsport is the way it is today
You missed the point, they aren't saying they let them. If they had the chance to run it instead to Hendrick and starting JRM what might have happened.

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
That's a shame. I'm sure Dale would've rather seen the place close up shop and have Junior move on with his career rather than run like they had been towards the end.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
I was there in 2007 for Jr's last season at DEI. I really enjoyed myself. Its sad what has happened to the place. If only Teresa had not run the place into the ground. She had ZERO business running DEI. Should should have given Jr controlling interest like he wanted....who knows how is career could have went.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts