Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad asked me about them at tracks, we never really understand it. Is there something we are missing to it or how the heck do they get all those tickets?

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
They just go around and buy tickets from the people who don't need all of theirs. Let's say someone buys 5, but had a couple people back out, a lot of people will sell those 2 tickets to recoup some of their money. They probably can't get the full price, but will take half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
So these are people that are basically buying tickets for cheap then turning and selling them for under face value. The "scalper" claim had me confused...never seen that at a NASCAR event

·
Evil Henchman
4,621 Posts
They probably buy extras from folks really cheap where even selling them at 1/2 face value is profit. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell them over face value in most places.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So these are people that are basically buying tickets for cheap then turning and selling them for under face value. The "scalper" claim had me confused...never seen that at a NASCAR event
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. Just didn't know what else to call as they are all over Charlotte more than others I've seen.

·
Only Sane Member :)
1,687 Posts
Good question Wilbur and they are scalpers and there are a bunch of them too. Ive seen them at every track ive ever visited. Ive always wondered how they are able to flip tickets and make money especially when the events are never sold out. Even if they score tickets from people unable to attend the race at a great price is it worth it? Yeah I know some tickets are counterfeit, but most are legit.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
They work in pairs, ones out buying, ones selling. Buyer tells the seller the average price, so seller can figure out prices to sell for. Closer to race time the better deal your gonna get from these guys because they are getting closer to getting stuck with them.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,718 Posts
This happens in all sports. I've seen it at races, baseball games, football games,ect. Like Andrew said, they are out there and buy up as many tickets they can from fans that have extra and turn around and sell them again to someone that is looking for tickets.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
This is common to see at any ticket event. People buying tickets to resell. Last Steeler game I went to, I saw people on the offramps buying and selling tickets. Most had signs showing if they were buying or selling.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
I'd be willing to bet there putting ads up on Craigslist looking to buy tickets so then they can turn around and resell them

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,087 Posts
there was a time it was big money but NASCAR has taken a real hit in sales just in sheer volume of tickets unsold. It is illegal, and in Michigan it is illegal to sell at any price within 100 yards of the facility.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts