Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Have a secret super treasure hunt to sell.
the hot wheels 2012 maverick grabber. Item is mint car, mint blister and card.
Make offer if interested.
plus shipping in priority mail, del. con. of $6.50.
buyer would pay with united states money order only.
P.m. or email.

SOLD THANK YOU.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
could you explain what a treasure hunt is.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Secret Super Maverick Grabber SOLD

in hot wheels a treasure hunt is a chase car. treasure hunts were first put out in 1995 and very limited. a set of the 12 treasure hunts from 1995 sells for around 900 to 1000 dollars in mint condition.
a treasure hunt is a hot wheels with a green stripe on the side and says treasure hunt on it.
up till last year only 12 were made a year. now it's 15. also, in 2008 i beleive, they started making "super treasure hunts'. which were more rare, and had real rider tires and a chrome paint. they did a reg. and "super" treasure hunt of the 15 different cars chosen to be a hunt.

this year, all was changed. the regular treasure hunts stayed the same. come in a package with a green stripe on the side, and says treasure hunt on the bottom of the card.
but the "supers" were done totally different. they put the supers in their reg. package as the regular car. the difference was the supper has TH on the car somewhere and real rider ties and a nicer paint job. but no green stripe on the side of the package. so you have to know which cars are treasure hunt and look at each one and determine if it's a treasure hunt. also, the supers this year did not parallel the regulars. there are 30 different hunts. 15 regulars, and 15 supers. all different.

i've about 220 reg. hunts and 20 supers. got these "secret" supers today, and sold them already today.

i've got 100 regular hunts for sale as i've advertised on here. but you'd have to be close enough to pick them up. it's way to much to ship. i live in maryland, and the closest buyer i've had was new york.
hope that helped!

theses are SOLD!!!!!!!!!!
thank you

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Re: Secret Super Maverick Grabber SOLD

in hot wheels a treasure hunt is a chase car. treasure hunts were first put out in 1995 and very limited. a set of the 12 treasure hunts from 1995 sells for around 900 to 1000 dollars in mint condition.
a treasure hunt is a hot wheels with a green stripe on the side and says treasure hunt on it.
up till last year only 12 were made a year. now it's 15. also, in 2008 i beleive, they started making "super treasure hunts'. which were more rare, and had real rider tires and a chrome paint. they did a reg. and "super" treasure hunt of the 15 different cars chosen to be a hunt.

this year, all was changed. the regular treasure hunts stayed the same. come in a package with a green stripe on the side, and says treasure hunt on the bottom of the card.
but the "supers" were done totally different. they put the supers in their reg. package as the regular car. the difference was the supper has TH on the car somewhere and real rider ties and a nicer paint job. but no green stripe on the side of the package. so you have to know which cars are treasure hunt and look at each one and determine if it's a treasure hunt. also, the supers this year did not parallel the regulars. there are 30 different hunts. 15 regulars, and 15 supers. all different.

i've about 220 reg. hunts and 20 supers. got these "secret" supers today, and sold them already today.

i've got 100 regular hunts for sale as i've advertised on here. but you'd have to be close enough to pick them up. it's way to much to ship. i live in maryland, and the closest buyer i've had was new york.
hope that helped!

theses are SOLD!!!!!!!!!!
thank you
Thank you so much for the help. Sorry to say I dont understand. I will have to check ebay for pictures.

So there is a reg edition.
Super edition and
then a secret super edition.

Is this correct...

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Re: Secret Super Maverick Grabber SOLD

Thank you so much for the help. Sorry to say I dont understand. I will have to check ebay for pictures.

So there is a reg edition.
Super edition and
then a secret super edition.

Is this correct...
only a reg. hunt and the secert super hunt this year

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Is this one labeled Treasure hunt at the bottom. Will it have a green stripe

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Is this one labeled Treasure hunt at the bottom. Will it have a green stripe
its only lable on the car but the reg.hunts will say th on the bottom of package and secert hunts are the main line cars

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
its only lable on the car but the reg.hunts will say th on the bottom of package and secert hunts are the main line cars

Thanks for helping me out there. My girl has restored a Maverick and I have to learn to pick these up for her.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here's photos.
one is a shelby reg. treasure hunt from like 2010.
second is a ford gt from this year, see "treasure hunt on bottom. both have green stripes.
last is the maverick grabber secret super. in regular package. but have a better paint and see the "TH" on the front just above and behind the wheel.
pic's aren't the best.

the maverick grabbers sold almost immediately.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
[MENTION=1558]tonloc33[/MENTION] They are also doing away with the green stripe on the 2012 regular hunts. So you will have to look for where it say "treasure hunts" on the bottom of the card. The 52 chevy has showing up like this overseas and will showing up at stores over here in the next month or so.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Thanks guys..I appreciate your time. Now, realistically how hard is it gonna be for me to find a Maverick TH. They are on ebay for 30 bucks or more already...Damnt....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I would be patient if you're looking to buy on ebay. The prices will level out around $15 -$20 in a couple of months. It's new, so prices are still relatively high.

·
Registered
748 Posts
As a mattel dealer I can tell you that if you are late getting the car, you will not sell it for much. You have to get the car as soon as it becomes available because the people that want the car will buy it up NOW, if you want the car but don't want to pay the price, give it a few months and you will pick it up cheap. Some cars hold value but I don't think this one will hold it for long. NICE car and would be good for any hotwheel collection.

I make more money by selling the cases sealed then I would if I opened them.
Good Luck with the sale

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as far as finding a maverick grabber, go to dollar generals. i found mine sunday, a week after they got the display in, i was told. store employees in many cases don't know how to look for the secret supers. i found 2, and sold them both to the same person, for $55.00 shipped. i don't ebay, and that's a fair exchange since i had no overhead or fees..

or hang on, just wait a little while. the price on ebay will go down as soon as the next popular one comes out.

as far as no green stripe, i saw that, but have never gotten confirmation it would occur here. only heard hear say. wouldn't surprise me.
they are making it more profitable for scalpers again though by doing the hiding.
granted they are harder to find, but, they also sell for alot more as i just learned. i don't collect them any more, but i will look if i'm in a store that sells them. and i don't keep the many more, as i'm stuck with the 200 plus i have now..
so, the money i made on those yesterday, allows me to toss some of the ones i can't get rid of now that i don't collect any longer.

good luck all of you.

·
Registered
748 Posts
as far as finding a maverick grabber, go to dollar generals. i found mine sunday, a week after they got the display in, i was told. store employees in many cases don't know how to look for the secret supers. i found 2, and sold them both to the same person, for $55.00 shipped. i don't ebay, and that's a fair exchange since i had no overhead or fees..

or hang on, just wait a little while. the price on ebay will go down as soon as the next popular one comes out.

as far as no green stripe, i saw that, but have never gotten confirmation it would occur here. only heard hear say. wouldn't surprise me.
they are making it more profitable for scalpers again though by doing the hiding.
granted they are harder to find, but, they also sell for alot more as i just learned. i don't collect them any more, but i will look if i'm in a store that sells them. and i don't keep the many more, as i'm stuck with the 200 plus i have now..
so, the money i made on those yesterday, allows me to toss some of the ones i can't get rid of now that i don't collect any longer.

good luck all of you.
If your wanting to sell the regular hunts you have Ill be more then happy to purchase them if you would ship them?

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Thanks again folks....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts