Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard casual mentions of these cars, but haven't seen any detailed pictures until this e-bay auction:

autographed 1:16 Earnhardt Fathersday BUDWEISER handmade sheet metal GMP LE #69 | eBay

The detail is incredible on these cars. After searching completed and active listings, it appears that they were only made in 2006. I saw a #8 Bud standard, #8 Bud Father's Day, #8 Bud 3 Days of Dale, and #01 Army car.

Were there any other cars made?

Can anyone who owns one of these comment on them? What was the original price, were they sold through RCCA, etc.

Thanks in advance for the info. I searched the forums, but couldn't seem to be able to dig up much.

·
Living Crazy
4,959 Posts
[MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] do you have any info on these cars. You are the Dale Jr collection master. I bet you have one of these.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
They made a Dale Earnhardt Sr IMHOF car as well....

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I have the Dale Jr. 3 Days of Dale car, and they are huge, incredibly detailed, and extremely nice pieces. They were also incredible flops, retailing initially for (I believe) $199 or even possibly $299. The biggest flop of them all was the Dale Sr. IMHOF car which eventually ended up selling for as low as $39 in some places, but that car itself was a flop in all variations. It was overproduced and overhyped, and being a fantasy car, not well received.

I think the two biggest issues with these cars were the size and high price point. The same company, Milestones, that produced them also dabbled in 1/24, producing prototypes for Kurt Busch (Miller Lite) and Ryan Newman (Alltel). I don't believe they ever went to production on the 1/24's, which is really a shame. I have my 1/16th displayed in a 1/18 clear display case and really love it, but it is a space hog and more than one would really just overwhelm any collection.

By the way, I believe that, in an effort to help sell these, they got them autographed after initial sales were poor. They were not initially released autographed.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really too bad they didn't produce a retro 3 car instead of the fantasy car.

What a great idea, though. Lack of detail has always been my biggest complaint about Action, MA, Lionel, or whoever is running the company at any particular time.

They are getting a little better, but could benefit from some serious competition.

After researching Milestone Development group, I found this old thread, which has a link to their old website:

http://diecastcrazy.com/community/collector-chat/160502-what-ever-happened.html

If a U.S. company would make cars with this kind of detail, I would have no issue forking out $200 several times a year.

Honestly, though, with the $100+ we spend on RCCA Elites, the detail and quality control could definitely be better.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I bought the Ryan Newman Alltel 1/24 car from a forum member for a great price and have it displayed as it is a really great piece. Super light.

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
To add a little more info about the 1:16 Sheetmetal cars. They are the most detailed NASCAR cars I have ever seen. You can even read the gauges inside the car. Additionally, these cars are made true to scale in all elements, including the gauge of sheetmetal thickness. The only problem some collectors are now experiencing are flaws within the decaling. Some of the decals on these cars are beginning to flake and bubble.

I do have one of these cars left in my stock. Its the black "3 Days of Dale" and it is autographed in silver on the windshield. I am asking $349.95 + Shipping on it. I also may still have access to the Joe Nemechek Army car that was made.

·
Chevy Fan For Life!
265 Posts
I own the 3 Days of Dale car and I love it! It's a wonderful piece! Everything is perfect, my only complaint is the overall stance of the car, it sits a bit too high, especially in the back end. Here's a link to my album: http://diecastcrazy.com/community/members/1954-albums2200.html
If anybody wants any other pictures let me know, these are a few years old and aren't the greatest.
And the last I heard the Charlotte Motor Speedway has the Father's Day car for $210 (down from QVC's $300) autographed, if anybody is interested I can give you an email address for the very nice lady in charge of the gift shop.

And is this the 1/24 piece you guys were talking about? Stamped Sheet Metal Body #12 Ryan Newman Alltell Penske NASCAR Dodge 2007 MIB | eBay

Have a good one,
Sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a QVC 2006 Dale jr. 1/16 scale car that I purchased in '06. just before I started building my house. I recently openrd the QVC shipping carton for the first amd actually pulled the car out to look at it. Awsome piece. Put it back in the boxes and back on the shelf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts