Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any good shops in Char? I will be at the INS office on Sat morning and would love to find a shop or 2 to pick up some newer items without the outrages shipping cost.
Thanks in advance Earle

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Go to the track. On the back side right out of turn two you will find the Sam Bass museum. By all means you need to check it out! That is one cool museum to see and Sam is usually there and will sign a print if you purchase it there for free. Some prints are only $5-$10 bucks,when your done there. walk out and look at the building right behind and down the little road beside the museum. MA/action performance warehouse is right there. Go to the building and to the right hand side there is a door for you to enter. It is a retail store. They have virtually every MA product that is out for sale right there. No discount but VERY large selection!! There is no sign or at least there wasn't when we were there that tells you where the retail store is. Looks like a giant ware house just for shipping but like I said the store is right there and it is about a 5-6000 square foot store. Very large and very nicely set up! Ken, Plan on spending a half a day or better in that general area. there is a lot of really cool places right there within a ten minute drive. Hendricks shop and museum is only about four miles south of the track.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
SFC_Allen said:
Does anyone know if there are any good shops in Char? I will be at the INS office on Sat morning and would love to find a shop or 2 to pick up some newer items without the outrages shipping cost.
Thanks in advance Earle
If you go up to Mooresville (Exit 36) go to main street and there is a diecast shop called Gasoline Alley Diecast. Its a pretty cool place with alot of cars and sheetmetal.

·
Registered
328 Posts
there is also a nascar speedpark in concord mills mall by the track that sells a bunch of stuff.there is also a fleamarket near carowinds that has some good guys in there selling diecast.i'm pretty sure most of the race shops are closed on saturdays so might want to check that out before making plans to visit any

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys, hopefully i'll be able to find some things, though my daughter will be there with me. So there's one challenge already. Thanks again Earle

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larkin, Sam's was closed as was the MA shop (pretty big looking though). Not a total waste though, at least I know where the track is and how to get there faster. Speedpass had lots of diecast @ 25% - 75% off, though I saw nothing with 75% and all the cars that were on sale were odd balls. They only had one COT car but at least it was only $10.

Saw a yellow #8(menards) MA 1/64 also, was this a rare car or what I never seen it before even on the bay.

Well thanks for the tips guys, hard to travel with a 7 yr old all day. Earle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts