Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been watching old races on youtube and i was wondering what you guys thought of doing Exibition races. Like in 1996/97 they raced in Japan for no points. Other than the All-Star Race & Bud Shootout there just isnt any "For Fun" races, they could do Japan again or throw them on Mid Ohio, or Wisconsin or Iowa Speedway (we've been itching for some sprint cup action), because of Nascar's commitments to tracks they cant change the schedule and rehaul it. I think the drivers like no point races, cause its run hard and have fun. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
If the races would be in similar to the current All-Star race, then no. If they are something completely different (i.e. run on dirt, or with different types of cars, or something else that makes it completely unique from a normal Cup race), then maybe.

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,708 Posts
No.

..they should be going to a track only once per year, and have some tracks in the NW, why go twice to the same place that doesn't sell out for either race..? re-donk-u-less..

..Add more road races, there are tons of places that they could race..

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Throw all the cup guys in trucks and have them race on dirt. Other than that, I think the series is good with what it's got..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
No. Only if they are in countries outside North America. That's the only time I would be ok with it. I like to way iv racing that counts and nobody is going to want to tear up there cars in a bunch of meaningless exhibition races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
No.

·
Landon Cassill #1 Fan
2,950 Posts
If the races would be in similar to the current All-Star race, then no. If they are something completely different (i.e. run on dirt, or with different types of cars, or something else that makes it completely unique from a normal Cup race), then maybe.
Run the cars backwards...right hand turns???

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
NO! They're boring. I didnt even both to watch the Shootout and the All-Star race. Waste of time. Change those weeks to points paying dirt races and the TV audience will boom.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
How can you ever say no to more races?

·
The Busch Wacker
9,096 Posts
I say this. Exhibit Races: two Weeks after the season Ends(December), have a Short Flat Track showdown inside the Louisiana Superdome!

G

·
I would say it would be cool to have something in the middle of the off season to give the fans a taste. Some kind of winter heat race from one of the warm climates would be cool.It wouldn't have to be Cup cars as such.I remember when they had the winter heat series to introduce the truck series back in the mid 90's...Was very cool!

·
Eagles! Beer! BACON! MERICA!
1,751 Posts
Although I thought Tony Stewart's interview was hilarious.. I could care less about seeing the wrecks...I would rather watch a good race that has long green flag runs and actual good racing than I would a wreckfest....And to answer your question, I would have to say no also...I think it all comes down to money though...just my opinion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts