Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowyer and Dinger 1, 2. Then, Josh Wise gets the fan vote???

Good-grief.

·
DCZ's Sliced Bread
2,439 Posts
The first two, nothing wrong there, but Josh Wise, as much as I like the guy, its not like he's going to be competing for a win tomorrow. Larson should have gotten it. Thanks Reddit...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Yeah, Josh Wise shouldn't be in an All-Star race... what has he done in Sprint Cup the last few years...?

·
Marcos Ambrose Fan
1,109 Posts
I'm glad that reddit has taken an initiative, and the whole dogecoin thing has gotten a lot of non-nascar fans to take notice.
Granted, there were better drivers that should have made it based on their performance, Larson, Ambrose, etc.
But, that's why it's the fan vote. It's what people vote for.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
I agree.... maybe its time to just take the top 3 and be done with it. Granted my guy still wouldn't have made it, but it'd be a much easier pill to swallow.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
I'm happy for the guy.
Still a little confused but happy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Josh Wise has just as many wins in the Sprint Cup Series as Danica Patrick, Kyle Larson, and Austin Dillon. So, guess they shouldn't have been in via Fan Vote either..
And... I have just as many wins as Josh Wise. So, I guess I deserve to be in it too (by your logic)?

Reactions: Triple-C

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
Let's be completely honest. Would Danica be competitive tomorrow night? No. Would Dillon be competitive? Probably not. Who cares if Wise is the fan vote, be happy underfunded teams are getting some light. People are just never happy.

·
#FACE
164 Posts
Boohoo. A jobber without a chance to win, with a website of fans and nonfans behind him that paid money to sponsor him, beat your jobber that wouldn't have a chance to win. Time to throw a fit and cry that they need to stop doing the fan vote.

"It's such a waste, he has no chance!" Well hell Danica or Austin or Larson woulda had no chance too so get over it.

NASCAR fans are a bunch of children. Someone they didn't want to win won a fan vote so cue the crying like a bunch of babies and screaming they need to stop doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What does what he has done compared to what a sponsor and those fans did for him? Why can't you guys just be happy to have them showing they are atleast interested in their driver making the race?
Yeah... ok.

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
That's the power of the internet I guess. The car won the fan vote, not the driver. I wish someone more competitive would've won it, to me it kinda sucks that a car that runs 35th every week is taking up a spot in the All-Star Race. I thought Danica would've gotten it, she would've been better than Wise.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Let's be completely honest. Would Danica be competitive tomorrow night? No. Would Dillon be competitive? Probably not. Who cares if Wise is the fan vote, be happy underfunded teams are getting some light. People are just never happy.
Danica would be competitive. She could have won tonight.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
And... I have just as many wins as Josh Wise. So, I guess I deserve to be in it too (by your logic)?
I am amazed that you went with that argument. You aren't a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver. Josh Wise has the same number of wins as three "popular drivers" that people said would win the vote. Therefore.. he is just as worthy of winning the vote as they are.

Deal with it.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Yeah... ok.
Yea ok what?

Fan vote is semi rigged anyway, Danica won it with no chance last year, Dale Jr has, Josh Wise did...so what do you expect?

I'm still not fully sure why some complain about one thing but if it's another driver then it's ok.

If you ask me, do away with the fan vote, pick top 3 drivers from the showdown and call it good.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts