Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this. The first COT was Jeff Gordon, the second is Tony Raines Shrek!?! I was surfing EBay and I saw (in stock), the Tony Raines Shrek COT. WTF! This is unbelieveable! Not Jr., or Johnson, or Edwards. Or another big name, Tony Raines....what is MA thinking?!? I have been waiting like everybody I would suppose, and this is the car they choose to release?!?
I understand Jeff Gordon, but Tony Raines?!?
I am almost speechless.......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
The Johnson one is out. Just did a quick check on my DIN registration for it and I registered it on June 24th so it's been out for a few weeks.
 

·
Comes with free straightjacket
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
well not to make you more mad but now the robby gordon monster car is on there in both scales in stock
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
The Raines Shrek was the first MA COT out. They had it back at Charlotte for the 600. The Gordon and Johnson didnt show up till bout 2 weeks later.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to offend anybody, but don't you think they would have released other drivers first? Don't get me wrong, I like to see the underdag get some attention ahead of the big dogs once in awhile, buit waiting all this time, and this is the first car released? I just don't get it.....BTW thanks for the info guys.
 

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
Joined
·
5,325 Posts
gordonfan24 said:
well not to make you more mad but now the robby gordon monster car is on there in both scales in stock
The Robby Monster car is out? Dang, hope they have some left at Charlotte.
 

·
Comes with free straightjacket
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
demondecko said:
The Raines Shrek was the first MA COT out. They had it back at Charlotte for the 600. The Gordon and Johnson didnt show up till bout 2 weeks later.
They showed up during pocono weekend. Actually friday night saturday morning to be more precise. When
I was down at the racing store in wind gap, i asked him about the cot and he said that the gordon and johnson ones were flown in by helicopter as well as the jr camo car. They were there when i was at the track and that was about 10:30am. he said someone he knows went that friday and they weren't there.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's some of the BS I'm talking about. I know Blaney isn't as popular as Robby, but I have had a pre-order paid for for the Blaney COT from CFS which was available on pre-order before any other COT from CFS and MA, and it still isn't available yet, but this is the what? Third COT for Robbie G.? The red and white, the black Jim Beams and the Monster. I just don't get how they decide what to produce and when it will be done. Enough ranting, can't do anything about it anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
gordonfan24 said:
demondecko said:
The Raines Shrek was the first MA COT out. They had it back at Charlotte for the 600. The Gordon and Johnson didnt show up till bout 2 weeks later.
They showed up during pocono weekend. Actually friday night saturday morning to be more precise. When
I was down at the racing store in wind gap, i asked him about the cot and he said that the gordon and johnson ones were flown in by helicopter as well as the jr camo car. They were there when i was at the track and that was about 10:30am. he said someone he knows went that friday and they weren't there.
Well that would be about 2 weeks later lol.
 

·
The Mad Documenter!
Joined
·
3,299 Posts
It's the first Robby CoT in the right scale though.

Like I said Elsewhere, the Shreck car was probably first out because A) The popularity of Shreck and B) It was the first announced special paint scheme on the CoT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
The first two COT's for Robby were out at least by Bristol. That is where I picked up the Black and Red Jim beam and they had the Red and white one there too. Guy's some things to keep in mind. We all know what Prototypes are correct. We'll they send the prototype cars out to be inspected before they actually start production. Robby being a owner operator may be able to inspect and Ok his cars a lot quicker than the bigger teams due to several team members having to look and OK the cars. In Robby's case he was one of the first drivers to sign on with CFS so he may have an insider connection to get his ok'd and started a LOT quicker than others. I don't know about Raines but in Robby's case as noted he already has three COT's out and RCR drivers along with many others have not gotten there first paint schemes released. It would make since that Robby knows someone at CFS that is helping him promote his diecast this year. Nothing to do with the popularity of the driver more the driver having the right connection with the manufacturer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,164 Posts
The Shrek car was the first COT announced.. hence it being the first released. And CFS is just rushing them out.. they all suck.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top