Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a store during my road trip with the family through California with some diecast. They had a lot of early 90s diecast there including Racing Champions and White Rose with some Pit Row and others mixed in. I found a few Harry Gant items I didn’t have yet and selected a few others that I liked. They were very inexpensive. The Allison transporter is an early Racing Champions with rubber tires on the car for $5. The 1/43 cars were $3 each, 1/64 in packages were $2 and loose 1/64 were $1. The Cale Yarborough package is autographed too. Good score for a guy who likes this older stuff.

Recreation Gadget Electronic device Toy Metal

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Nice haul. I believe I see Days of Thunder cars that came from Hardees (in the plastic bags) and Exxon (on the hard cards). Those 1/43 cars never were very popular. There was a Dollar store in Louisiana I used to go to long ago. I bet they had 75 1/43 cars on the shelf for years and couldn't sell them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice haul. I believe I see Days of Thunder cars that came from Hardees (in the plastic bags) and Exxon (on the hard cards). Those 1/43 cars never were very popular. There was a Dollar store in Louisiana I used to go to long ago. I bet they had 75 1/43 cars on the shelf for years and couldn't sell them.
I had heard about the Hardees DOT cars but never seen them before. Not common on the West coast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the Kodiak car. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks to me like someone used the Ertl Monte Carlo Aerocoupe casting to make a custom of Rusty Wallace's 1987 #27 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2.
There were several of these Ertl cars that appeared to be custom in this collection. I believe these were distributed by SCM where you had to assemble them and apply the decals. I purchased a couple of the unbuilt SCM cars as well. You can see them in the plastic bags with decals in my photo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There were several of these Ertl cars that appeared to be custom in this collection. I believe these were distributed by SCM where you had to assemble them and apply the decals. I purchased a couple of the unbuilt SCM cars as well. You can see them in the plastic bags with decals in my photo.
Oh yeah, now that you mention it, while I do have several of those SCM kits, I don't have any with that body style. I do know they at least made a Richard Petty Pontiac 2+2, so it makes sense that this is another one of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts