Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kicking around the idea of picking up 1/24th diecasts of winners of the races that I attended. So far, I've been to 11 races in my life. I find it a bit odd that not a single 'raced' version car has been made of any of them (yet, Hamlin is pre-orderable).

Here are the races I've been to with the winners.

Year - Event - Track - Winner - Car # - Sponsor - Diecast

1997 United States Cellular 200 – New Hampshire – Mike McLaughlin #34 Royal Oak - yes
2002 Chevy Monte Carlo 400 – Richmond – Matt Kenseth #17 DeWalt - yes
2004 Sylvania 200 – New Hampshire – Travis Kvapil #24 Line-X Bedlines - no?
2004 Sylvania 300 – New Hampshire – Kurt Busch #97 IRWIN Tools - maybe? (looking for non-champion version)
2005 Carquest 300 – Charlotte – Kyle Busch #5 Lowe’s/Sta-Green - maybe?
2005 Coca-Cola 600 – Charlotte – Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe’s - yes
2005 New England 200 – New Hampshire – Martin Truex Jr. #8 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker - yes
2006 New England 200 – New Hampshire – Carl Edwards #60 Ameriquest Mortgage - yes
2006 Lenox Industrial Tools 300 – New Hampshire – Kyle Busch #5 Kellogg’s - yes
2007 Camping World 200 – New Hampshire – Kevin Harvick #21 AutoZone - yes
2007 Lenox Industrial Tools 300 – New Hampshire – Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Ground - yes

Question #1: Was a Kvapil Toyota truck ever made? Did a quick ebay check and nothing.

Question #2: Was this Kyle Busch car produced? (notice the 'Sta-Green')

Question #3: Was the Kurt Busch IRWIN car made in a non-champion version by TC?

Question #4: Have any of these cars been made in 'raced' versions for 1/24th? I know Hamlin is available for pre-order. Harvick's was available for pre-order, but can't find it anymore. Assumed cancelled.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Tater, I believe you are batting 1,000.00 or 0.00 depending on how you wanna look at it. I believe the answer is no to all of your questions. The Toyota Line-X was not made as the team folded, the Kurt Busch is only available as a Champion version w/logo, the Kyle Busch was not made w/the Sta-Green logo on the quarters.
I may be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion I am not. That's too bad, cause that is a neat idea.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, damn. lol. Thanks for the info. Perhaps customs in the future...

Edit: did some checking and I guess the IRWIN car was made in a non-champion version. It's a Pitstop version and not a preferred or owner's though.

Edit 2: I can't even find a single 2005 Kyle Busch #5 Lowe's car in 1/24th scale. 2004, yes; 2006, yes. No 2005.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Seriously.....? No Kyle Busch cars? I'll be damned! Don't it figure....if ya didn't want it, there'd be a ton of em'.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
The 05 was done, however, to get it to Kyle Busch markings you're going to have to break out the Non-Acetone. Racing Champions made it with Blake Feese as the driver (who was quickly fired to be replaced by Busch)...in 1/64 anyway.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Billy, yup, you're right. Boston Reid as well. I was next to Reid's pit during the Busch race at Loudon.

But the Action versions of both drivers are autographed (didn't see one that wasn't signed). There is the RC cheap version though.

I think this idea is dying rather quickly for me. Maybe something for the future though.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
taterracing said:
Billy, yup, you're right. Boston Reid as well. I was next to Reid's pit during the Busch race at Loudon.

But the Action versions of both drivers are autographed (didn't see one that wasn't signed). There is the RC cheap version though.

I think this idea is dying rather quickly for me. Maybe something for the future though.
Keep checking, there may be a Blake Feese or other drivers version available in RC Authentics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts