·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
24,079 Posts
Sweet! I'm all for it.

I just hope they keep this an invitation-only event. The All-Star Showdown was great back when it was only East, West and Canadian and Mexico champions. It was ruined when they made it an open event and the likes of Ron Hornaday, Matt Crafton and guys with no East or West experience raced in it. Let's hope NASCAR sticks to an invitation-only format.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I'm all for it. Missed not having the showdown on Speed. Was something to look forward to during the winter. I agree with ya tater. We don't need those other guys there. Let the regional drivers have the spot light for once. God bless

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! I'm all for it.

I just hope they keep this an invitation-only event. The All-Star Showdown was great back when it was only East, West and Canadian and Mexico champions. It was ruined when they made it an open event and the likes of Ron Hornaday, Matt Crafton and guys with no East or West experience raced in it. Let's hope NASCAR sticks to an invitation-only format.
did you read the article? it is invitation-only. "Any 2012 winner on the K&N Pro Series East or West, Whelen Modified Tour North or South will receive invitations to take part in the event, along with top finishers in the season long NASCAR Whelen All American Series standings and NASCAR’s Canadian, Mexican and European Series."

·
Premium Member
24,079 Posts
did you read the article? it is invitation-only. "Any 2012 winner on the K&N Pro Series East or West, Whelen Modified Tour North or South will receive invitations to take part in the event, along with top finishers in the season long NASCAR Whelen All American Series standings and NASCAR’s Canadian, Mexican and European Series."
Did you read my post? I said I hope they KEEP IT invitation-only. The All-Star Showdown was invitation-only to start... you saw where that ended up.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you read my post? I said I hope they KEEP IT invitation-only. The All-Star Showdown was invitation-only to start... you saw where that ended up.
got it, i misunderstood you.

·
Registered
672 Posts
With no race at Irwindale this year and it appears there closing.In the past we would get 3K haul money to bring our car to the track,now the cost of fuel is higher and the guy's from the West would have to come here.North what a load of crap we have 1 race in the North this year at NH in Sept.If they can't fill the stands at Daytona for ARCA/Shootout how are they going to do it for East/West race? Racing would be easier at Disney track is done they should have done it this year when Toyota got in a pissing contest with the owners at Irwindale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.