Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Jamie Mac and Tony Stewart both have Bass Pro as their primary for the All Star race, and Austin Dillon has also had them on his hood this year, it got me thinking. Can anyone remember a season where the same primary sponsor was on three different cars from three totally different teams?

I can think of Ford and Toyota being on the hood of different cars when no primary sponsor was able to be secured, and I can remember special races where there was a sponsorship theme or tribute for several cars (2000 with the 5 branches of the military, Looney Toons, pop music artists, etc.) but Bass Pro on the # 1, 3, and 14 seems to be unprecedented.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I know in 2009, TUMS was on montoyas car and reutimanns car

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,241 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know 1984 Wrangler Jeans were on Bud Moore's #15 Ford driven by Ricky Rudd and also Richard Childress's #3 Chevy driven by Dale Earnhardt

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Perhaps the biggest example of this would be the infamous J.D. Stacy, a coal magnate who in addition to owning a team, sponsored several other cars in the late 70s-early 80s.

I can't think of any other examples with three cars, but I can think of some with two:

When Hooters left after Alan Kulwicki died, Bojangles' sponsored the Kulwicki car (driven by Jimmy Hensley) at North Wilkesboro, Martinsville, and Talladega while also continuing to sponsor the Yarborough #98 (driven by Derrike Cope).

In late 2000, Citgo began their sponsorship with Jeff Burton car for Roush, while they remained on the Wood Brothers car.

When Kodak went to Penske in 2004, they still had a contract with Morgan-McClure. Thus, Kodak was still on the decklid of the #4 car in 2004. While they weren't the primary sponsor, they would sometimes be the only sponsor on the car that year.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Last year at Pocono, GoDaddy sponsored Tony Stewart's car and Danica Patrick's of course.

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
Don't remember the year, but one Daytona night race, Coke C2 was on a few cars.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
In a Busch Series race I was watching the other day Skoal was on 4 different cars. I think 2 of the cars were the same team, but there were definitely 3 teams. I will have to check on the drivers and car numbers.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Menards was on Robby's car and Pauls car. Many times from 2006-2009.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Don't remember the year, but one Daytona night race, Coke C2 was on a few cars.
It was the 2004 Pepsi Firecracker 400. The following cars had Coca-Cola C2 as a primary sponsor: #97 Kurt Busch, #20 Tony Stewart, #29 Kevin Harvick, #21 Ricky Rudd, #98 Bill Elliott, #99 Jeff Burton, #16 Greg Biffle, #1 John Andretti, and #00 Kenny Wallace (DNQ). #0 Ward Burton, #4 Jimmy Spencer and #04 Eric McClure (DNQ) had it as an associate sponsor.

·
Jeff Fuller's Mustache
3,972 Posts
Shocked no one mentioned Valvoline. Valvoline has been with countless teams in the same year and whore around the same scheme. Lol.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Shocked no one mentioned Valvoline. Valvoline has been with countless teams in the same year and whore around the same scheme. Lol.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
One year recently it was on the #16 Biffle, #17 Kenseth and #13 Mears, but I don't recall it on any other cars. Can you name any specific instances it was with 3 separate teams in a season besides any Roush cars.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
To add on to the OP, Bass Pro has also been on Ty Dillon's Nationwide car and Ryan Truex's truck at Daytona this season.
I've seen Dr. Pepper logos associated with McMurray, Alex Bowman, and David Gilliland. But they've only been a primary sponsor for Bowman so far.
American Ethanol sponsored RCR and RAB Racing both in recent years.
Rheem sponsors Ron Hornaday and James Buescher. They've also sponsored Cale Gale and Kevin Harvick at the same time.
AAA sponsors both Bowyer and Logano, though they may be different parts of the company.
Quaker State sponsored both Kahne and Menard for some races last year.
Clorox were on the cars of Montoya and B. Labonte in the same race last year, and I think it was also on Larson and Allmendinger's cars at Phoenix this year.
Both Anderson's Maple Syrup and Smokey Mountain Snuff have sponsored a lot of different drivers in the past few years like Harvick, Hornaday, Brian Scott, Miguel Paludo, Jeb Burton, Johnny Sauter and more that I can't remember.
Kroger sponsored Elliott Sadler and Bobby Labonte in 2012 at Daytona.
Florida Lottery has sponsored a team in all three series multiple times, usually they're not under the same banner.
Sherwin Williams sponsored Greg Biffle and Joey Coulter for a race each a few years back.

That's all I could find or think of, thank you Jayski.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
The Fastenal threesome in the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
I was going to say Coke and the C2 cars but I wasn't quick enough! But I do remember back in the 1990's had multiple cars at one point. When Ernie Irvan got injured, Dale Jarrett eventually landed the number 28 Texaco car. Ernie came back though and drove the number 88 Texaco car while the 28 was still carrying the Texaco banner. They weren't separate teams though, but cars were with Yates.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts