Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as a lot of you know I have been in the transition of a new job and well today is my first day. I was completely miss guided when being offered this job as far as pay and work volume. I was told I'd have a guarantee of hours and for the first two weeks I'd be guaranted 40 hours well I found out this morning that when my manager submitted the paper work to whoever it is he submits it to that they wouldn't allow what was offered. So now I'm stuck and don't know where to turn. Their is no work I've been standing around all day and made no money at all as I am paid "flat rate" which means if their is no work I do not get paid. Well sorry about my rant but I'm beyond upset and not sure what to do.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
That's ridiculous? Do you have any type of employment contract?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] no I don't have any sort of contract it was just conversation between the manager and I when he interviewed me. I really do want to quit but with having almost $250 dollars a month in tool bills plus all the usual everyday bills I can't be without any sort of pay check. I'm pretty much stuck unless I can find another opportunity but with this economy and the job issues theirs not much out there well at least in this area.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I would hang on to it and hope some work pops up but keep looking at the same time. Sorry it's not better for you. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Karl I'm hoping it gets better and fast if not I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
Wow, talk about deceptive. I agree with Karl, hang onto it and start looking elsewhere. Maybe talk to some co-workers and see if things are usually this slow. Good luck.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Thanks Karl I'm hoping it gets better and fast if not I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.
I understand man-- I hope you can figure something out. Keep your chin up and keep looking and hopefully something good comes your way.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
im sorry to hear this ill be praying for you good luck

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Sounds tough.

Best advise I can give is move to where the work is.

It´s what made me move from the Netherlands to Belgium in 1999, then to the UK in 2002 and one year later to Ireland, then to Germany where I managed to find work for the past 6 years now.

Been unemployed no longer then 8 weeks in total ever since I finished my engineering education in 1998, but I had to move around a bit to realize that. Maybe it´s the same for your branch of work and the jobs are where you aren´t at the time.

·
Premium Member
10,762 Posts
Gary, sorry to hear that. What a bummer :sad: Hang in there & keep looking for a new job. Good Luck!!!!

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,577 Posts
Gary, Like most people said, keep what you have now so at least some income is being made and search when you can for something better. Hope everything works out for you. Keep you head up and don't let this get you down. Your family and friends will always be with you in what ever you do.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
[MENTION=2761]Gary33[/MENTION] Sorry to hear about the deceptive hiring practices.During a down economy I would'nt put it past any employer to pull a fast one.I would want everything in writing in todays economy and world.If they are any type of reputable employer they wont have a problem documenting your employment offer in writing.

I would start looking for a part time job in something you want to do that will fit into the hours you have available to help supplement your lost wages.You never know the part time job could lead to bigger and better offers.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[MENTION=530]ronmcc[/MENTION] i was thinking that considering my cousin just picked up a part time job working for Troyer Race Cars i may see if he can get me in there.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
[MENTION=2761]Gary33[/MENTION] Just keep the faith and everything will work out, I will be praying for you!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
[MENTION=2761]Gary33[/MENTION] i would recommend you contact your county or state department of labor and see what they have to say about the deceptive nature of your job offer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts