Votes: 1 4.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been up and running for a little. I wanna know how everyone feels it is doing and what should be done to make it better. Please vote in the poll thanks alot.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
i still like his deal even though i haven't jumped in yet. the first rules were simple and to the point. then came all the suggestions lol. it says boxed cars and blister packs are showing up. posters putting multiple cars at once. too many want things their way. the age limit hit a snag already. to be honest i don't know what the rules are exactly. growing pains lol.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
I do think it should be 1 car a t a time since it's hard to keep up with every car that is being put up and all.

·
#1 Johanna Long fan!
5,544 Posts
I like the way it is now.

The multiple cars at one time idea is great that way you don't have one person holding up the whole thead with a car.

I would like to see a thread with pictures only of the cars available and i like the "thank a post" idea for claiming cars.Maybe have a thread with pictures only and if you want the car in the pictur just "thank the post" and send the person your address.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I may be the one guilty of posting more than one car at a time but was just trying to get people to participate. I cut back to one car per post but when none is claimed felt compeled to post something else, my bad? I was hoping this thread would be a great thing to promote CHC. I read before it started alot of people thought it to be good but only a few have participated, and a grand THANK YOU to those that have. I have been able to get some nice cars that I would not otherwise have been able to find, and feel that I have put some good cars in the hands of others as well. CHC thats what this is about, I have been collecting for way over 20 years and I feel that its my duty to put some of the things I have collected into the hands of collectors who would otherwise be raped by someone on E-Bay who's only in it for the money. I'm a collector AND a fan of racing,I just want to help. Sorry for the long reply I just felt I had to say it.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I've been trying to follow the thread but at times it gets confusing with soo many cars and people constantly asking if a certain one is still available. I like the idea of one car at a time and thanking the post to claim the car. That way there should be no question as to whether the car has been claimed or not or who was the first to claim it. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Yeah at times it does get clogged up. I am wondering too, where all the collectors all whom asked for the thread. We may have to go to a thread of claiming the pictures as well and cut the chat down some. LOL....but we all know how this starts and then ends.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
17nut.

I do like how the thread took a life of its own. I do really believe that pictures need to be posted. I also like when somebody quotes the car that is being claimed. There is way too much chater (like youve said numerus times) back and forth. All of that can be through a PM thread. It loses everybody. In the 1/24 thread, people can have some chatter because only 1 car is up at a time. And it just bumps the thread a little. In this thread, we cannot do that because a conversation takes place and the thread loses it lust..LOL...

I also believe people need to take a couple hours and build up their albums so posting pictures would be easier. It just makes more sense.

Maybe we can cut down on just how many cars are available. Im not saying just one but maybe a minnumum of 3 or 4 something. In this thread most people will take a car and swap it back and forth, but people cannot keep track of the thread otherwise. I really like the 3 or 4 guys that are making a go out it, but maybe they can let other people get involved.

It is a really nice thing that we can make some modifications too....LOL...Now continue on..

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
I may be the one guilty of posting more than one car at a time but was just trying to get people to participate. I cut back to one car per post but when none is claimed felt compeled to post something else, my bad? I was hoping this thread would be a great thing to promote CHC. I read before it started alot of people thought it to be good but only a few have participated, and a grand THANK YOU to those that have. I have been able to get some nice cars that I would not otherwise have been able to find, and feel that I have put some good cars in the hands of others as well. CHC thats what this is about, I have been collecting for way over 20 years and I feel that its my duty to put some of the things I have collected into the hands of collectors who would otherwise be raped by someone on E-Bay who's only in it for the money. I'm a collector AND a fan of racing,I just want to help. Sorry for the long reply I just felt I had to say it.

We do appreciate your efforts for sure. Please dont take that too much. We got to figure a way to keep the thread on task somehow. Ive clicked off of it a few times because it was so confusing and I felt like I had to read from day 1 all over again...LOL..

Thanks for being involved...

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
it does upset me that when we did the other 1/24 thread that people kept asking for a 1/64 thread. Mr 17nut goes out of his way to start this and we have like 10 peoples oponion at this time. Wheres all the collectors who moaned for the thread..

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm gonna leave the poll open for a bit. I think its going ok. But i also think there is room for improvement. Most important right now we need members to vote.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I too, like [MENTION=3668]identities[/MENTION], posted multiple cars early in the going to kickstart the thread and get it going. Seems to be rolling along now pretty well. Maybe now that it's rolling only one at a time, but I think several members could put a car up instead of waiting for just one to be claimed. [MENTION=867]17nut[/MENTION]

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
i'll try to post every sunday, what cars are not claimed...to ease everyone from asking what cars are available.

i think [MENTION=867]17nut[/MENTION] is doing a good job..I'll help him as much as i can

·
DCZ's Sliced Bread
2,440 Posts
I say run it like the 1:24 Pay it Forward and do it one at a time, it gets wicked confusing.

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the 1/24 goes good until a car is posted that no one wants then it becomes idle and can possibly die. This way if someone posts a car no one wants someone else can simply post another car and keep it alive. Think of it as a honor policy its up to the poster to post a car someone wants or to change a car that has sat a while.

·
Jeff Fuller's Mustache
3,970 Posts
I think it's fine the way it is as long as [MENTION=2770]#93Forever[/MENTION] can keep up with posting all cars available, lol. It's sort of at a slump right now though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.