Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Ahhhh B.S.! Boy they are blaming the changes of drivers to different sponsors for there loss of sales! That has been going on for years. Piss poor marketing strategy has far more to do with it than they could even imagine. Say your going to make a car and cancel it. Over produce a given car by 500% and repack it in a different box and think that's going to help! NOT! Trying to make a million$$ of a Gordon or Earnhardt car and forgetting there are plenty of fans out there that collect other drivers! Limiting cars to trackside trailers and not making them available to the dealers. MAJOR problem! Fixing the price market that a dealer can sell a car for and not leaving any room for them to make up their own profit differences for high movement cars over slower moving cars. Another major mistake. Producing 100,000 of 100 different hats and shirts. Who is going to get every shirt or hat? Diecast, maybe the buyers will buy one of each but not many will collect all the hats and shirts! Yes, the # of different styles need to be reduced, and they need to see what is a good selling scheme and what plain a nd simply stinks! Making additional sizes and all the fantasy over priced cars! waste of money! waste of time! MA, if you would remove your head out of your _ _ _ and listen to the collectors you might get yourself back on track. You tried to monopolise a market when you couldn't handle your own business and it bit you right where it counted! They are so scared the secondary market is going to out sell there market that they can't make thereselves cut back the # being produced and make them limited editions!! Limited does not mean 250,000 units! Limited means limited! It makes the diecast more collectable and it keeps the spark in the chase of collecting. I can bet you QVC didn't show the losses in the diecast market. Whats wrong MA? Hate listening to people that actual know how to market and sell. Hate to listen to those of us that buy from you. Keep listening to those marketing geniuses you've got in there! We will get some diecast manufacturer that will perform once you go bankrupt. To many out there that can see the real potential! Yes, it's intresting reading but will MA read it, will the listen and adjust? Will they start making it a collectors market or are they going to continue to make it a high profit for MA and not for the haulers and dealers. Time will tell but if they don't make drastic changes soon, they simply are going to not be around!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preach on Brother!!! Amen!!!

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
You know, they say that they cannot contractually sell merchandise that does not represent current sponsor and driver partnerships. They also say that millions of dollars worth of merchandise will be trashed if it is not sold. They also compared their merchandise to produce in grocery stores. I run a grocery store and I can tell you this about produce. The basic overlying theory is that "Quality Sells". When quality does not sell and the theory behind the no-sale is high price, then we move to the next theory, which is "Sell It or Smell It". Mark it down and move it regardless of loss. If you have 50 bucks in a case of lettuce (not out of the ordinary at the moment) and you have to sell each head for a dollar, that means you get 24 bucks out of that case. If you don't sell any of it at regular price, well you don't get squat out of that case. Cut your losses and get what you can. If MA throws away and destroys tons of Junior merchandise they are nothing short of pure morons. Sell it at a lower price now or be a pure moron. Sell it or smell it. At least you'll have gotten something out of it.

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Believe said:
You know, they say that they cannot contractually sell merchandise that does not represent current sponsor and driver partnerships. They also say that millions of dollars worth of merchandise will be trashed if it is not sold. They also compared their merchandise to produce in grocery stores. I run a grocery store and I can tell you this about produce. The basic overlying theory is that "Quality Sells". When quality does not sell and the theory behind the no-sale is high price, then we move to the next theory, which is "Sell It or Smell It". Mark it down and move it regardless of loss. If you have 50 bucks in a case of lettuce (not out of the ordinary at the moment) and you have to sell each head for a dollar, that means you get 24 bucks out of that case. If you don't sell any of it at regular price, well you don't get squat out of that case. Cut your losses and get what you can. If MA throws away and destroys tons of Junior merchandise they are nothing short of pure morons. Sell it at a lower price now or be a pure moron. Sell it or smell it. At least you'll have gotten something out of it.
Good point. They also said that they would donate merchandise to charity. Does that mean I'm going to start seeing homeless people wearing Earnhardt Budweiser shirts?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
we need to find out where MA is located and set up a "Dumpster Diving" night.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Well, if anyone's in the area...

Corporate Headquarters
Motorsports Authentics
6301 Performance Drive,
Concord, NC 28027
1-888-855-8827 (Phone)
704-454-4000

Probably not the right address (corporate headquarters), but you never know. I know that with racing cards, especially the Sears/Press Pass packs, boxes of cards had been tossed in the dumpster and recovered by someone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well if the drivers would form a union dale jr would have is number. I beleive the integrity of nascar rides on this very theme.Mark martin drove the no 6 for years and cant take is number with him.The car owners owning the number is b.s.IF ALL THE NASCAR DRIVERS WENT ON STRIKE THAT RULE WOULD CHANGE IN A #$^@$n HEART BEAT!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry for back to back replys. I wanted to add M/A dont throw nothin away.Southeastauctions buys all of M/A B.S .Just talked to matt over there hes a good freind of mine. And he said he just bought 9,500 cotton twill chase jackets.And before that bought out RCCA Diecast overstock.Actually there's a tony stewart color chrome i have listed in the classified section that i got from that deal. i bought 2 cases of those!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts