Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I can't say I have either of them...I think they might be customs actually because I don't see those cars in the Beckett.

·
5,325 Posts
And on top of that, in 2000 Stephen was 12 or 13. Not quite sure Action would make a diecast for an unknown 13 year old.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
selby92 said:
And on top of that, in 2000 Stephen was 12 or 13. Not quite sure Action would make a diecast for an unknown 13 year old.
Agreed. I am on the Sue's Race Shop email list and this was one of their specials of the week. They mentioned that he was 13 and that Action sponsored him and that's why the cars were produced. There used to be a master production list on Action-performance.com, but it is no longer available.

I seem to remember these being available to order from RCCA, but can't find anything to validate this memory.

Hoepfully, someone's going to respnd saying they are real and they have a set at their house.

·
5,325 Posts
If they are real please lmk. I would buy those cars in a heartbeat.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I remember seeing the blue car w/the Goracing.com logo on the hood before, so I would say (at least it) they are real.
Didn't he run a car this year sponsored by Action/MA? Or was that last year? Anyway, that to me would show a history between (Action and either Leicht and/or RYR) the two.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Stephens dad used to work for Action and they did sponsor stephen. I remember these cars being made years ago.

·
5,325 Posts
Stephen did run an Action car in 2005 for his first Busch race. I would consider buying those cars...but after thinking about it I'm not too sure. It is quite a bit, and on top of that I'll be going to Asheville next weekend and might go to Sues and I can see them in person if they are still there and see all the detail and all that.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I am not sure, but seeing that there is an AP box behind the cars,that would mean, plastic chassis, and most likely non-opening hood. Kinda like a cross between a WC and a Brookfield Collectors Guild. I hope that helps as far as detail.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
They have the trunk open on the blue one... looks like both the hood and trunk open. I just wish I could read the name on the door. To me, it looks kinda of like a Taurus promo or track car or something and Leicht signed it. Leicht's name isn't on the box (from what I can tell). There's a web address next to "Lite" on the bottom of the door, but can't read it.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I emailed Ken Wilson Ford (a sponsor on the diecast) to see if they know anything. I doubt that I'll get a response, but we'll see.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Now I'm really confused. I clicked on the pic, as I didn't know it would enlarge. The tag on the AP box says goracing.com, so it is the box for the blue car, and it is definately a hood open/trunk open car, and I have never seen a AP car that the trunk opened on, and only an AP+ car that the hood opened on, or a BCG car that the hood opened on.
The tag says nothing about Stephen Leicht, so it is definately an Action Promo.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Are you sure those aren't just "donor" boxes?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
kspool said:
You're not helping things Spooleo..lol!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
kspool said:
Don't want to see anyone get ripped off here. Just like to add my 2 cents worth, you know me!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
kspool said:
FFighter_21 said:
kspool said:
Don't want to see anyone get ripped off here. Just like to add my 2 cents worth, you know me!!
LOL!

·
5,325 Posts
I'm not buying em. I kinda had a feeling they were not actually Stephen cars based on his age at the time, the box, and Stephens name isn't even on the roof.

·
5,325 Posts
Oh and on top of that Stephen usually ran the number 89, not 99.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I did get a response from Ken Wilson Ford, but it wasn't a great deal of help.

"Yes Ken Wilson did sponsor these vehicles. Cant tell you much more than
that.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: General Customer Contact

General Contact :
Comments:
I was wondering if any one there would have any information on these NASCAR
diecasts. It says that Stephen Leicht drove the cars. It is sponsored by Ken
Wilson Ford circa 2000. Is this true? Thanks.

http://www.suesraceshop.com/00slec.html"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts