Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard from a friend(who has never been wrong in the past)that tony left jgr.not sure where he is going but heavily thought to be going to childress-a slight possibility but really not likely of him going to hendricks and mears to be out.she said there will be a media thing jan 18 at lowes motorspeedway to officially announce everything so will have to wait and see if this is true or not-if so i sure hope he takes his number and sponsor will him-will hate to have to redecorate....lol

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me, he is SO TIGHT w/Chevy. Nope, I would not be surprised at all.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
If he did, they sure are doing a god job of keeping it secret.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
thats what i was thinking too since Action is probably already making the diecast for Stewart by now and will now have to scrap the cars and start over. this may also play a major part in getting the new W/C line out too if they have to redo Tonys car since he is one of their favorite 5 to put out.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Hes not going anywhere. hes with Gibbs thru the end of the year, and hes leaving to go to a chevy team in '09. You cant just up, and leave a week before testing begins. Hell be in the 20 at Daytona. I guarantee it.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Unless Tony went behind JGR's back, and was negotiating for MONTHS now... it wont happen. Tony can not just jump in another ride a motnh and half before Daytona w/o any kid of sponsorship. These companies have already made up their mind on how they will allocate their sponsorship funds to NASCAR for '08 already, and unless some major brand has shelled out a multi-million dollar deal in the past two months to sponsor a Chevrolet driven by Tony Stewart, which I cant see happening.. then Tony will be in the #20 Home Depot Toyota at Daytona.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from what i hear most of the contracts say if a team changes a manufactuer that gives them an out if they want to leave-maybe home depot is gonna go with tony if he leaves-they have been with him for so long.i could see how JGR would want to keep all this under wraps until the last minute-they are so high on going with toyota now and if tony leaves it looks pretty bad for them so best to keep it hush hush as long as they can and not have to answer a bunch of questions and hear all this talk all off season

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
20/88/3 Collector said:
I dont know , i havent seen any rumors online . All ive read is what you have posted on here . So respectfully ..... im having a hard time buying all of this stuff . No offense meant to you though Natalie .
oh i'm not offended at all-i'd be skeptical myself if it was someone else.stewart is scheduled to drive the z-line design car in the busch series for joe gibbs next year a few races and i find that sorta odd if he is planning on leaving them so i'm wondering myself-just have to wait and see

·
Registered
498 Posts
48/88/3 Collector said:
That is what i plan on doing . I know nascar.com has some 1/24s marked down to $44.97
They are just getting rid of leftover stuff from last year, the price of new stuff (2008) will probably go up like usual.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Tony could drive for a Chevy BUSCH team....( I know I know I don't care)....Bobby Labonte is doing it with RCR because Petty doesn't care one bit. I hope Tony burns Gibbs I hope Toyota burns Gibbs too for selling out. Tony wants to WIN not be in a car that's still seen as a test car.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea sort of like Jr and Mark Martin splitting a ride for next year. 2 different drivers for 2 differnt teams running together

·
Registered
152 Posts
From Jayski:

Stewart to test at Daytona: Tony Stewart will test the #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota during the Jan. 14-16 session [2nd session] at Daytona International Speedway after skipping the session for the last three years. Sprint Cup teams will begin testing Monday [Jan 7th] and are split into two three-day sessions. Stewart will test in the second session, according to a team spokesman. The test will be the first full NASCAR test of the car of tomorrow at Daytona and will be the first NASCAR test for JGR in a Toyota after the team left Chevrolet following the 2007 Cup season.(SceneDaily.com)(1-3-2008)

I don't see what all the fuss is. With the new car, all the cars are the same. Same template same everything. Only the engine is different. The JGR engine shop can make power for any engine be it GM or TRD. Remeber last year towards the end of the season that the Toyotas were putting up fast practice time and qualifying laps. Just took them some time to get everything figured out. Now that they have JGR and all their resources, look for the TRD crew to really make some strides this year. I look for Tony to resign with Gibbs this year and it will be his last contract in NASCAR.

BTW, Tony ran Mopar power for his USAC teams when he was driving a Chevy. What he uses for his teams shouldn't have any bearing on what he uses for his profession.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok latest i heard about stewart is that he is staying with JGR for the 2008 season and then in 2009 he will go to childress-apparently childress is already has a new building going up in anticipation of stewart joining them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts