Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR announced that Tony Stewart has been fined $25,000 and penalized 25 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series driver championship points, as a result of using inappropriate language during a post-race televised interview following his victory Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Stewart, driver of the #20 Home Dept Chevrolet, retains his fifth-place standing in the series points, with his total points reduced to 2,599. Stewart violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing) by using the inappropriate language. In addition, Stewart’s car owner, Joe Gibbs, has been penalized 25 car owner championship points because of the infraction.

However stupid the penality is... at least NASCAR is consistent in the penalty.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I see the need to penalize him but 25pts is lame. I bet if it was the F word it would have been quite a bit bigger.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
KK3869 said:
Well they penalized Jr 25 ponits, so to keep with consistency....
agreed

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
With the new format, it is meaningless.
When the chase starts and the points are reset it wont matter where you are at in the points, as long as you are in.
If you are in, and you know you are in, now is the time to be trying stuff (like Knaus and Letart did) because 100 penalty doesnt mean a thing. Finishing in the top 5 each week from now till the start will do no better than finishing 30th. You only get points for a win, everything else is mute unelss you learn and gain an advantage somehow.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
If NASCAR really wants to send a message, they should dock the points twice-- now AND when they reset the points. That way, teams will think twice about committing any infractions. Then these penalties wouldn't be meaningless!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts