1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
He's definitely selling at the right time because it's the only one listed. I am waiting for them to go lower-- patience is definitely the key here.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I looked at his feedback-- he has had one other. He also has sold a bunch of Wii's. It makes you wonder how people like that have those kind of connections-- how they can get hard to find stuff and profit off of it when people who really want the stuff can't get it.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karz said:
Man that is SOOOOOO far outta my range I couldn't even begin to rationalize it! :scared:
That my man, IS A COLLECTIBLE. It will eventually come down some, but it will prolly always command around $300.00. Like the Fastbreak. That is a car that anchors a collection if you are a Harvick fan.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Karz said:
Man that is SOOOOOO far outta my range I couldn't even begin to rationalize it! :scared:
That my man, IS A COLLECTIBLE. It will eventually come down some, but it will prolly always command around $300.00. Like the Fastbreak. That is a car that anchors a collection if you are a Harvick fan.
Hummmmmm makes ya wonder if the low # cars today will bring that in years to come?? ;)
Esp with a few more wins/championships under a certain Guy's belts.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a funny thing about the hobby also. Sometimes the low production cars stay collectible, and sometimes, it does not matter what the production is/was. Back in 2000 Action made the Sr. Taz and the Peter Max, and for a long time they were very highly sought after. The taz has fallen off dramatically, but the Peter Max is still decently priced for resale, and there were a TON of em made. Around 80,000 or more of both. Ya just never know, and I am sure if he had not died and all of his subsequent cars been made like they were, they would still be high valued. JMO.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
I'm thinking certain Jeff Gordon.....Jimmie Johnson and Richard Petty (Retro cars).
Esp Gordon and Petty as they have Historical status.
That's the current or earlier produced cars.
Remember I'm talking production #'s of 7500 or less and cars of Historical significance.
Cuz knowing Action they will reproduce stuff to death in the future like much of the Earnhardt Sr stuff has been.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Karz said:
I'm thinking certain Jeff Gordon.....Jimmie Johnson and Richard Petty (Retro cars).
Esp Gordon and Petty as they have Historical status.
That's the current or earlier produced cars.
Remember I'm talking production #'s of 7500 or less and cars of Historical significance.
Cuz knowing Action they will reproduce stuff to death in the future like much of the Earnhardt Sr stuff has been.
There are not a whole lot of Gordon cars that are still holding their value. Maybe the 00' Fantasy car, but that's about it. They have all crashed. Even the older retro cars as you put it. Even Johnson. I can't think of any really high dollar cars, and as far as Petty goes, I can't think of any Action cars that are all that monitarilly collectible.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those are good examples, but the crux of the issue is will they hold their value. They are doing well now, but they weren't so sought after before and even more important, will they still be sought after later.
From my own experience, take the two Gordon cars I am trying to move.
The Jurrassic Park, and the Chromapremiere. They were for a very long time, two of his most desirable cars.
I have sold many for $250.00 plus. I can count on one hand the number of Chromapremiere c/w/c's I have seen. They are now, crashed just like most of Jeff's stuff. Most of Johnson's stuff can be had very, very cheaply.
When you have been arouind the hobby for awhile and have done shows and have had a shop, then you will see that just because there is a big price for a car on EBay does not mean it is holding it's value, and will maintain it's value.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
That Johnson car is a fad because he just won two championships. I guarantee it will fade, especially since his paint scheme is the same year after year.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will give you the Petty Charger. I have never watched the Elites all that much on that one, but the c/w/c's of it do seem to hold their value fairly well. Most of his sought after cars are usually RC or TC cars though. The Action releases don't seem to do very well for some reason.
But as far as your retro remark, what could be more retro, and more big name than 00' Earnhardt Sr. Taz and Peter Max. Even his Crash car and No Parts are nowhere near what they used to be. It's an unpredictable hobby at best.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I actually bought that Petty elite on a whim when it came out, just because I thought it would be a nice-to-have piece. I guess it is, huh?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I remember being surprised at how well it was holding it's value a year or so ago when I needed one for an old customer and he wanted a c/w/c. Even w/the Brookfield set in colorchrome of Kasey Kahne and Petty's cars w/Kahne the old Charger and Petty's the new Charger, it didn't hurt the value any.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I bought that set too-- I thought the Kahne car in the old charger looked cool. I really hate the Brookfields though.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Other than the weight cause of the plastic chassis and the fact that the trunk does not open, I like em'. They have a little more detail than the Action cars, or at least they did a few years ago. I have a Brookfield Blaney JD, and an Action Blaney JD, and the Brookfield has more detail.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
kspool said:
I actually bought that Petty elite on a whim when it came out, just because I thought it would be a nice-to-have piece. I guess it is, huh?
You lucky dog!
I wish I had found out about em earlier on.
Love those old Petty cars....and if it kills me I want a Elite 1979!!
The year I really started getting into NASCAR and I remember that Petty car well.

Oh yeah I have seen that the Franklin Mint cars aren't nowwhere near the quality of a Elite Petty.
Seen a few of those 1979 Petty FM cars go threw ebay with the decals flaking.
Not to mention they don't come even close to looking as real as a Elite!!
Price reflects it too!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Except for a few little details that are hardly noticable, the Elite of the Petty car and the regular c/w/c of the Petty car are almost identical. It was a remake of the old Chargers that were originally made by Action, so they used the same tooling. I believe the only really big difference is it comes in an Elite box, not a box w/a sleeve. They weren't running hood and trunk lid teathers then, or roof flaps. Maybe some engine wiring, not sure but I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts