Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
It's called the law of supply and demand. A lot of people want that car and there are only a few of them out there!!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
well alot of them are set up that way. if you start bidding, the buy it now, gets automaticallt taken down. on others like with a reserve it stays.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Nick said:
thats what you call abunch of idiots with TONS of cash in the back pocket !
Well I wouldn't call em idiots.....NuTz maybe!!!
Thats a HUGE wad of dinero for a car. :scared:

But again it's all in what someone likes.
The world would be a hellova boring place if we were all the same! ;)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Karz, THAT'S what I am talking about when I say desirable cars. There are alot of Harvick cars that you can get for $30.00, but there are some that are very desirable, and there ain't NO WAY you are gonna get em' for that kind of cash.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The buy it now goes away after the reserve is met. What a shame-- a couple of them went for under $500 about a month ago, and I just missed out on both of them. I will eventually get one, but not for that price.

One bad thing about Ebay hiding the bidder's ID's is that now you can bid your own auction up with a fake ID and it's hard to tell.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
kspool said:
The buy it now goes away after the reserve is met. What a shame-- a couple of them went for under $500 about a month ago, and I just missed out on both of them. I will eventually get one, but not for that price.

One bad thing about Ebay hiding the bidder's ID's is that now you can bid your own auction up with a fake ID and it's hard to tell.
BINGO!
I think your on to something there.
I find it very hard to believe some of the cars I see bring such BIG dinero!!
I wouldnt doubt someone is jacking some of the auctions.
In this world we live in.....nothing surprises me anymore! :-\

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
well alot of them are set up that way. if you start bidding, the buy it now, gets automaticallt taken down. on others like with a reserve it stays.

I had to think about that one for a minute. Why would ebay take off the buy it now function if the bid gets past the reserve? Hmmm... oh yeah because ebay would make more money that way.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
i have one...am I an idiot? Don't believe so. I wanted one so I bought one. You know, people who sell these little cars just can't give their shit away.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
blg1267 said:
i have one...am I an idiot? Don't believe so. I wanted one so I bought one. You know, people who sell these little cars just can't give their shit away.
I absolutely agree. You bought yours early, and some have gone for substantially more than what you paid, and some have gone for a couple of hundred less. I have set a specific amount that I am willing to pay and hopefully, I will get one for that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Myself I am satisfied with the 1/64 version. The people that get these aren't idiots, just, uh, passionate. It could also be an investment, of course I see it going down in value significantly. But 20 or 30 years from now it will go way up.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i'll wait until it is at a more reasonable price or just make a custom of it.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
harley2001 said:
I guess Im gonna have to sell my body for that dang car or maybe I'll wait! LOL
If I tried to do that, I would NEVER get one!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Some people are willing to pay a little more for cars not sold in the toy section of every WalMart, Kmart, Target and every other mass market retailer in America.

The "idiot" might better be defined as the person who has nothing more in his collection than a bunch of cars he paid $10 for, that are now only worth $5 ...

or not, who knows.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
...or the idiot may be the one who pays $40 for a car that he could get for $5 if he just waits a couple of weeks until they're all over the pegs in every Wal-Mart and Target from coast to coast.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yzerman19harvick29 said:
Was the fastbreak car this high back in 2001 or 2002?
I can remember them going as high as $700.00 that I saw.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts