Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a real fan of either team but a real fan of a couple of Bears. Walter Payton, Football player and race car driver. But my favorites of a past era, Gale Sayers and Brian Piccolo. Here is a short tribute to them. Go Bears.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il915V4HxKs[/ame]

·
Registered
335 Posts
enjoyed the football season. the NCCA football championship was my superbowl. loved seeing ohio state get thrashed by the SEC florida gators! they play real football in the south. intelligent, thought out football. and they proved it.

but, couldn't care less who wins sunday. and won't know who won 5 weeks from now once it's passed.

actually i'm hoping for an andy griffin marathon on t.v. land sunday!

i don't have a real desire to watch this superbowl. i watched the 1st one in 66 wasn't it? packers won. and packers won the second. at my age, that was football. that was a championship game. like the colts and giants way back with artie donovan and the guys. guy here from salisbury was in both the first superbowls. Tom Brown. Defensive back for the Packers. he has some stories. has a superbowl party for the kids at the library every year before the week prior to the "spectacle" as he calls it. teaches these kids what football was then, and what premadonas are out there now. does his best to let those kids know, the players on the football field aren't heroes. just athletes.

today, the super bowl to me, and i emphasize me, is a spectacle. yes, i enjoyed watching the broncos win in the 90's. but i couldn't name winners for probably the last 5 years at least.

the halftime show is a disgrace to my intelligence. who's that dude? queen, king, or dutchess or prince? never heard of this person. they just hype it on fox sports radio. personally can't wait till it's all over, and pitchers and catchers report! and they throw out the first pitch april 5th for the local single A oriole baseball team a mile down the road. i'll live at the stadium this summer. fed up with NASCAR and this chase crap, and cars of the future bull. no more wasted sat. and sundays on NASCAR. back to baseball full time.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Da' Bears
Mike Ditka
Brian Piccolo
William Perry
Jim Mcmahon
Brian Urlacher
Chris Zorich
Gale Sayers
Dick Butkus
John Gillmore (hometown boy)
Walter Payton

Love Da' Bears & hope they win. But if they lose to the colts them I'm happy for Manning & Dungy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts